Range report and questions

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Goneracin, Sep 15, 2009.

1. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

goneracin. under your grip there is a bushing that is screwed into the frame. i would think it is probably loose in the frame. you need to be careful with that polishing tool. you dont want to round the top of the feed ramp over any on the frame. on the barrel you dont want to round it over any where it meets the frame, but where the feed ramp contacts the chamber, if there is a sharp edge you can very very lightly take the sharp edge off but make sure you dont sand into the chamber or anything like that.

~john
  2. Goneracin

Goneracin New Member

i just took the grips off, and i dont see anything loose. it is like the holes in the grips are too big, they dont have any play away from the gun, just front to back (as if you were looking down the sights)
  3. Goneracin

Goneracin New Member

ok, well the grip issue is resolved. apparently some of the screws are side specific. i started just swaping screws and now both grips are tight. this doesnt sound like something that is suposed to be, but as long as the grips are tight, i can live with it. its a carry gun afterall
  4. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

if your grips are plastic i would suggest that they might not be perfectly formed
  5. Goneracin

Goneracin New Member

they are the original walnut grips. and by moving screws around from side to side, top to bottom, it eventually tightened up. so im guessing some of the screws have a slightly larger head. maybe not on purpous, but they are tight now thats all that matters