Range report DCM

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by JLA, Aug 25, 2010.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Had a 50 round session at the range today. It was quite windy but i did manage to get some decent groups in spite of the 20 mph breeze.

Photos are from top to bottom... the equipment used, ammo (158 gr cast WFN, lubed with my homemade bullet lube and sized .358"), And a couple of picture of my targets set up at 25 and 50 yds...

Attached Files:

2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Heres a shot of my crude rest (a folded pistol softcase in a gun vise), and the best 25 yd group I had today, and the best 50 yd group I had today. These arent the best groups I have ever shot with the DCM, but they werent all that bad either.

Attached Files:

3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

After the 50 round session i had no leading, so my lube is good;), I will probably adjust my load a little, prolly do another ladder test since the dCM is essentially been reworked to new condition. The .003" barrel/cylinder gap increased velocity more than 50 fps alone.

Attached Files:

4. zb338

zb338 New Member

Some nice shooting there JLA. I used to shoot like that when
    I was younger, now I just lie about what I used to do.

Zeke
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I fear not being able to see well enough to shoot good, how do you older guys cope with that? It scares the living crap outta me, I like to shoot...:(
  6. garydude

garydude Member

Beautiful pistola and some admirable groups there Mr. JLA.

No worries about your eyes when you get older; glasses do the trick nicely. BUT you are such a youngster, maybe there will be some medical marvel developed by the time you might need it.

Good Shooting!
  7. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Nice gun and great shoot'n. When you get old and the eyes go and hands get shaky you blame your target results on the wind, on the ammo, on the gun wearing out on any thing but the shooter. :D
  8. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

Good shooting! Beautiful pistol!
  9. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

I have a floaty thingy that is in my dominant eye, I used to be able to look to the left then right really fast to get it stuck in the side. Now I have to wait until the current pulls it out of the way, then quickly take the shot.

I used to aim with my right eye with iron sighted rifles, but can't now; it just can't focus well enough anymore. Works well with a scope though! Get BIG scopes! ;)
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I once had a friend who was blind, totally. We used to shoot pistols, and bows at 20 feet. He even managed to almost beat me at lawn darts on a regular basis. You just adjust when the eyes start to go. It's the shakes that really hurts. Love the pistol, and the groups, JLA.
  11. lawdawg

lawdawg Member

I had Lasik eye surgery a few years ago. My vision went from 20/200 to 20/20 almost instantly. It is fairly expensive, but well worth it IMO. I was so near-sighted that I never had to learn to focus on the front sight and let the target blur as they teach you, the target was automatically blurry and the front sight was as far as my eyes would focus plainly. I can't really tell a difference in my shooting though.
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Im scared to get lasik. I paid for my wife to have it doen before she was my wife, she says the same thing you do.but i watched the procedure and it scared me. for now my eyes are 20/20 but sometimes, like after a good workout or driving for a long time they will go blurry for a while. just the short while scares me..
  13. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

jla sometimes i get an eye booger that is on my eyeball that makes my vision blurry and disrupts me.... a few eye drops helps it, seems only when my eyes get dried out
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Yeah I keep eyeball lube in my range bag because the wind dries my eyes after extended range sessions.
  15. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Nice Shoot'in JLA!
    Man, I love those adjustable front sights, Gunsmithing at it's very best! Glad to hear you have her back up and "running" better than ever!
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010