Range report. FN P-9

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by golgiaparatus, Sep 22, 2010.

1. golgiaparatus

golgiaparatus New Member

200 rounds through it Saturday.
    Pretty solid gun. Minimal recoil. Just slightly more flip than a FS92.

Acceptable at 25-35... The 50 gong is a challenge though. If I took my time I hit it fairly regularly. If I casualy squeezed off a few rounds we're talking 1-6 shots striking the target.

Fed all ammo well. No failures and no stovepipes even with a limp wrist (I tested it with a loose grip just to see how it'd react). I did have several instances of the barrel not locking back after the last shot was fired though.

Field strip is very quick and easy. Breaks down into 4 parts: Spring and rod (1 piece), frame, slide and barrel. I pulled apart all the mags and gave them a light oiling... maybe that will help with the slide failing to lock back. Or maybe that's just a break in thing... never owned an FN before so I cant be sure, time (and rounds) will tell.

[​IMG]
    @35

P.S. Grip was a tiny bit narrow for me so I fattened it up just a bit with the Hogue sleeve. Fits perfect now.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  2. lucky-gunner

lucky-gunner New Member

Congrats on your FNP.

I'm seriously considering picking up one of the FN handguns this year. The retired military discount is too hard to pass up.

How does the trigger feel compared to the 92?
  3. golgiaparatus

golgiaparatus New Member

Trigger feel is probably the highlight of the gun. Totally on par with the 92, maybe better. Look into the FNX as well... very similar gun, the aggressive texture on the handle was a bit much for me, but I liked the safety decocker length a little better.

In my mind, nothing operates as smoothly as a well used 92... so for me to like this trigger as much as I liked my 92's trigger says something. If only someone would make a poly frame 92 with a 4" barrel... you listening Taurus... go forth, make my gun!
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010