Range Report on the new Colt Commander....

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by glocknut, Jun 13, 2009.

1. I have a Colt Commander myself, Mike. Frankly, I like it more, and shoot it better, than the full-length 1911s. Unlike my Gold Cup, it is not fussy about ammo.
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I also have found commanders better balanced than full size 1911s. I have had them in both .45 and 9mm (Lightweight with the ally frame) and found them easy to shoot well.

With a beavertail safety (for quick grip acquisition), anti snag sights and a mainspring housing to taste (flat or arched) they come near as perfect as you can.
  3. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Would you go so far as to say they are more accurate shooters than 1911's with a 5 inch barrel?
  4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

No...not bifocals. What i meant was regular glasses that help you focus both far and near. Regular corrective lenses. I was cheap and bought a pair that were for long distance only. She said they were "single vision"?? These glasses are not designed to allow me to focus within 3 feet distance.
    I will never buy bifocals...ever.

mike
    gn
  5. bigbore480

bigbore480 New Member

You shot just fine none of the neighbors complained about any windows shot out and no one is missing. I want to try a pair of those aperature glasses and see how they work for shooting.
  6. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Anything that has two different optics incorporated into a single lens is a bifocal as far as i know. You may be thinking a bifocal has the line that you can see. There are others they call transitions lenses which have no clear line between optics. No one else can tell you have bifocals on. Some people like them, I hated them.

The problem I have found with bifocals is that the part of the lens for distance is not really needed but may help a bit, while the other lens for reading has a much shorter focal range. Neither lens is right for intermediate ranges like arms length or a bit longer. If wearing glasses I have to take them off when I go in a store because I can't see items on the shelf clearly through either lens.

I may just quit wearing regular glasses altogether and just use reading glasses for fine print.