Range Report Update

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by The_Rifleman, Jun 13, 2010.

1. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

My last Range Report was inconclusive; the last two days I have tested 2 cartridges with that load seeing if I have a sound load.

My first shot Friday was 2 inches left of center, I made a mistake in marksmanship judging the wind strength wrong; the bullet landed right where I aimed.

So today I decided to continue with a group at that point. The wind was a bit more unpredictable but it was calm lower on the hill most of the time like it was Friday.

The center of that shot is 1/2 inch from the center of the other, I sure hope I don't choke tomorrow!

If I get close tomorrow, I'll assume this load is good... I'll update this post with the result. I have high hopes!

Howa 1500, 30-06
    Nikko Stirling Scope
    Hornady 180gr SP
    IMR 4831
    Rem 9 1/2 Primer
    Win Case
  2. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

Endings Of A 3 Day Group

By the time the cattle moved along the wind had increased a bit. I tried to shoot when it was calm but the wind didn't want to cooperate. .5moa at 300 yards is all the better I've ever done...

I've never been disappointed by hitting the center before... :p

Oh well... I mainly wanted to test this load and it passed with (no fliers,) colors! Now I have a inexpensive yet accurate load.
  3. wpage

wpage Active Member

Very good. What is the load data for the final.
  4. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

53.7gr IMR 4831. It is just on the hot side for my rifle, but that is the only charge that will get me sub-moa.

Thanks! :)