Range Report Vector Arms UZI

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by drobs, Jun 21, 2004.

1. drobs

drobs Member

Got the Vector Arms UZI to the indoor range the other day, God this thing is cool!

1980's cool!!!

Breaks down like an AK, can't get any more simple! It's heavy @ almost 9# but damn it has no recoil! I didn't get to do any long range shooting but I was able to put 10 shots into the size of a 1/2 dollar at 50ft. Pretty damn good. Finish is nice, not one failure to feed or fire, using Winchester 115 white box, and UMC 115 yellow box. At, call it $640, which includes shipping & transfer, this thing is a steal!!!

I went ahead and ordered 3 more 25rd mags from Tapco @ $15ea.

A buddy of mine spent $1500 on one of those HK type Special Weapons MP5's, while it's pretty neat, I think my UZI shoots better looks cooler.

Next thing I want to try is some sub-sonic 9mm 124grn out of it.

PS. I never saw myself having one of these but I figured grab one while the getting is good!

Ordered gun through http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/rifles/50_cal/50_cal_rifles.html

Haven't got to take a pic of it yet, but here's a link to the add:
    http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/rifles/50_cal/UZIDOUBLE.jpg
  2. outdoortexas

outdoortexas New Member

You're just a tease... ;)
    link doesn't work...
  3. offeror

offeror New Member

Links work fine for me. Was surprised to see you got it from Atlantic instead of direct from Vector, since I see their ads in Gun List or Shotgun News. But the price sounds right. You're right, there are other 9mm carbines out there but this is one of the most robust, reliable and classic designs, and Vector is a competent builder. It will probably continue to work flawlessly and serve you for a long time. Excellent home defense gun too when your shotgun is not handy...
  4. drobs

drobs Member

My dealer tried Vector direct but they quoted him a price higher than what they had listed in Shotgun News. I think maybe Atlantic got a deal on a bulk order from Vector.
  5. offeror

offeror New Member

Yes, flier prices can be cheaper; there's competition among some of those distributors. I was going to try to build an Uzi from parts, but it added up to almost what you paid, as the parts get a bit scarcer. Not that it matters on a post-ban, but CDNN Investments sells Uzi folding stocks for $29.95....