Range Report XD-45acp

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by happygunner, Mar 10, 2006.

1. happygunner

happygunner New Member

All I can say is it was very boring not having any problems. No FTFs No FTEs everytime you pull the trigger it gos BANG!! Now thats a great feeling. I shot 100 rounds of Win.White Box 230gr FMJ ball and some Win. Personal Protection 230gr JHP. Also a few of my high priced Rem. Golden Saber 230gr JHP. Tried one handed and limp wristing not a problem. Trigger felt really nice the XD was very eazy to control in rapid fire no jumping around. Both provided highcap Mags worked A OK and they were fairly eazy to load full at 13rds with just my fingers. Try that with a Glock highcap Mag. ;) I was not trying to get really good groups but the XD shoots really good better then I can shoot it. :p I am very happy with how this 45 works. And when I got home it was a snap to take it down and clean. Was finished in 5 Min.s It's so well designed. Anyway I ordered a Comp-Tac Pro Undercover holster like I use for my Glock and Kimbers and I say the XD-45 is good to go. I will make it my carry handgun. ;)

Guns&Ammo has a full report on the new Springfield Armory XD-45acp this Month.
    http://www.springfield-armory.com/gacover.shtml
  2. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Thanks for the range report, i may have to pick one up for myself. 13 rounds of 45 ACP sounds pretty good. This maybe the new 45ACP the military should go with.
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

With this kind of range report, I'm sure you want to DUMP it right away.
    Let me know.

Just kidding,
    It's nice when everything works right.
    Sounds like you had a good time.
  4. tex45acp

tex45acp New Member

I must admit I am a 1911 guy.....but when I walked into my gunstore today and finally got to handle the new XD-45.....well lets just say I now am a member of the XD club. Oh, it will never replace my Wilson 1911's, but as a knock around, truck carry and house protection gun....it is the perfect platform I was looking for. $475.00 with all the extra stuff really impressed me even if the extra stuff is less than great. I let ya know when I can burn some rounds through it, if my money was wasted or well spent. I went with the 4" all black version. :D
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  5. happygunner

happygunner New Member

That was a very good price most are paying from $500 to $575 depending where they are and how many are being sold. I bought the Service Model and am happy I did.
  6. tex45acp

tex45acp New Member

Well I finally got to the range and after 100 rounds of mixed brands and bullet configurations.......I must say that this is one really cool gun. I could not get the darn thing to malfunction no matter how hard I tried. Limp wristing, upside down, canted left or canted right had zero affect on the function. I then loaded up my favorite round....Federal 230gr. Hydrashoks and here is ther 25 yard freehand and benched results:
    [​IMG]
  7. troutwest66

troutwest66 New Member

Nice shootin', Tex! ;) Sounds like man and gun are working well together. I need to spend more time with my SA 1911. I'm adequate but not quite that good. :rolleyes:
  8. tex45acp

tex45acp New Member

Thanks trout,

I do like to shoot, and recoil has never bothered me. This gun is very easy to shoot and recoil is less that my Wilson Professional. I am sure this is due to the captive recoil spring system that is in this gun. Anyhoo here is that hole making monster:
    [​IMG]
  9. happygunner

happygunner New Member

Nice shooting and nice picture It's good to see we both have found the XD-45 Service unstopable ;)
  10. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I want one,how about letting me borrowing it for a few months? :D :D We do live inthe same town.
  11. tex45acp

tex45acp New Member

Deputy Dawg,

That's interesting to know. I wonder just how many folks we both know, especially if you are in law enforcement. I have several good friends in that line of work in the Victoria PD, Victoria County and DPS. We need to have a cup of coffee one day!!!

I am planning to order another Versa Max II holster from Milt Sparks like the one I carry my Wilson Professional in, except for the XD-45. That holster converted me from OWB to IWB. I think I will also order a double mag pouch as well.