1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Range Report - XDm-9 Compact

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by mesinge2, Feb 1, 2011.

1. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

Click all Images to Enlarge

I finally got to shoot my new XDm-9 Compact and do a range report.

Here it is:
    IMG_1844.JPG

First thing I did was put the largest back strap of the gun. I have the largest one on my XDm-45; so, I will definetly need it on the compact 9mm. Second, I bought extra mags before my trip to the range (I had to order them from Springfield). I had 4 13 round compact mags and two 19 round mags with the X-tension sleeves on them and after loading the mags three times and one round in the pipe each time I went through 273 rounds. A whole mix of ammo Magtech 115gr. FMJs, Magtech Guardian Gold 124gr JHP+Ps, Hornady TAPs, some Federal 147 FMJs, some my LRN reloads.

It never missed a beat, never jammed once. I was surprised because even my beretta won't feed my reloads.

I shot it back to back with my XDm-45 and the recoil is quite similar between +P 9mm and standard pressure .45 ACP.

Here are the groups of my XDm-9 Compact at 14 yards with the Hornady TAP loads:

Grouping 40  XDm 9 Compact.jpg
    Grouping 41  XDm 9 Compact.jpg

Here are the groups of my XDm-45 at 14 yards with Hornady TAP+P loads:

Grouping 36  XDm 45.jpg

I group better with my .45 but I have also shot it a lot more, but for a compact with a grip that I can get barely two fingers on, it great. I think its going to be my concealment gun for when I have to wear dress clothes (which is often).

Any questions, just ask. :)
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  2. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

VERY NICE. What did it run you?
  3. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

Thanks, and it was $595 at my local shop.
  4. garydude

garydude Member

Thank you for sharing Mesinge2.

She's a beauty, no doubt about that. Nice shooting and a very good report.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    There is a show on Wend. nights on the outdoor chanel that has been running a torture test on the XDM for some time now. They have drug it behind a truck down a gravel road, and thrown it off the top of a house onto a concrete drive way, and the damn thing is still working, and shooting a real tight group. An excelent choice, thanks for shareing.
  6. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Nice piece. Good shooting. What I'd love to see is a range comparison of any XDM and an XD of equal length barrel. I know they say the XDM has a match barrel, but I wonder if it is that much more accurate.
  7. lucky-gunner

lucky-gunner New Member

Nice shooting and thanks for the range report mesinge2.

I have the XDM 9 & 40 in full size. I've thought about picking up the compact. I was utterly disappointed with the 3.8. It doesn't seem much larger than the Rami that I'm carrying now.

@RunningOnMT I can't tell the difference between my XD and XDM accuracy wise. Both will out shoot me so it's hard to tell if it's that much better. I do prefer the XDM models for other reasons though.
  8. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Dude that's awesome.