Range Report - XDm-9 Compact

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by mesinge2, Feb 1, 2011.

1. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

Click all Images to Enlarge

I finally got to shoot my new XDm-9 Compact and do a range report.

Here it is:
    IMG_1844.JPG

First thing I did was put the largest back strap of the gun. I have the largest one on my XDm-45; so, I will definetly need it on the compact 9mm. Second, I bought extra mags before my trip to the range (I had to order them from Springfield). I had 4 13 round compact mags and two 19 round mags with the X-tension sleeves on them and after loading the mags three times and one round in the pipe each time I went through 273 rounds. A whole mix of ammo Magtech 115gr. FMJs, Magtech Guardian Gold 124gr JHP+Ps, Hornady TAPs, some Federal 147 FMJs, some my LRN reloads.

It never missed a beat, never jammed once. I was surprised because even my beretta won't feed my reloads.

I shot it back to back with my XDm-45 and the recoil is quite similar between +P 9mm and standard pressure .45 ACP.

Here are the groups of my XDm-9 Compact at 14 yards with the Hornady TAP loads:

Grouping 40  XDm 9 Compact.jpg
    Grouping 41  XDm 9 Compact.jpg

Here are the groups of my XDm-45 at 14 yards with Hornady TAP+P loads:

Grouping 36  XDm 45.jpg

I group better with my .45 but I have also shot it a lot more, but for a compact with a grip that I can get barely two fingers on, it great. I think its going to be my concealment gun for when I have to wear dress clothes (which is often).

Any questions, just ask. :)
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  2. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

VERY NICE. What did it run you?
  3. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

Thanks, and it was $595 at my local shop.
  4. garydude

garydude Member

Thank you for sharing Mesinge2.

She's a beauty, no doubt about that. Nice shooting and a very good report.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    There is a show on Wend. nights on the outdoor chanel that has been running a torture test on the XDM for some time now. They have drug it behind a truck down a gravel road, and thrown it off the top of a house onto a concrete drive way, and the damn thing is still working, and shooting a real tight group. An excelent choice, thanks for shareing.
  6. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Nice piece. Good shooting. What I'd love to see is a range comparison of any XDM and an XD of equal length barrel. I know they say the XDM has a match barrel, but I wonder if it is that much more accurate.
  7. lucky-gunner

lucky-gunner New Member

Nice shooting and thanks for the range report mesinge2.

I have the XDM 9 & 40 in full size. I've thought about picking up the compact. I was utterly disappointed with the 3.8. It doesn't seem much larger than the Rami that I'm carrying now.

@RunningOnMT I can't tell the difference between my XD and XDM accuracy wise. Both will out shoot me so it's hard to tell if it's that much better. I do prefer the XDM models for other reasons though.
  8. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Dude that's awesome.