Range report

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Mr_Shamrock, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Mr_Shamrock

Mr_Shamrock New Member

Picked up a little Bera Thunder .380 CC for the wifey yesterday at a gun show. Took it to the range today and put 175 flawless rounds through it. Everything from cheap range stuff, a few Pow'R Balls, Hydra-Shok's, and some Magtech Guardian Gold's. All functioned without a hitch. The little gun is surprisingly accurate and most importantly the wife feels VERY comfortable with it. She hasn't shot in over a year and did very well after the initial nervous jitters subsided. For a relatively inexpensive gun I have to highly recommend it. We paid $200 for it and you couldn't tell it from a new one so I felt it was a decent deal. I initially was looking for an LCR for her, but after hearing all the positive things about the Thunder I thought it would be a good candidate as well. Sure enough it was exactly what she had in mind and if her stamina would have been higher we would probably still be there.
    I also put a couple dozen rounds through my LCP with the new Hogue grips and IMO it is night and day difference. It is much easier to handle.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I bought one for the wife too. They are very dependable and they feel good and are priced right and the slides are easy to rack which the women like. I really like these guns. Most reviews are positive.
  3. Mr_Shamrock

Mr_Shamrock New Member

Off topic Double D - I attended UF so I am seriously liking the Gator Avatar! GO GATORS!!!!!
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Glad you like it, I have been a gator fan for many years. Thru all kinds of weather........
  5. TCoggins

TCoggins Member

My wife also has a Firestorm (which is the same as the Bersa Thunder, just different sights and grips). It is the first gun that she has shot that she really feels comfortable with. She typically shoots 200 rounds during any given range session, and the gun has performed flawlessly.

As far as accuracy, if I take my time and do my job, I can cover 5 shots at 7 yards with a quarter.

We are very pleased with the gun.

Tim