Range Report

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by delta13soultaker, Mar 4, 2008.

1. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

Ah okay. As long as your happy with duties you're good to go.

I've asked what my duties are before, since I really don't do anything at home in any duty type sense. I mean I can be home or gone and things run exactly the same as best as I can tell. Typical military family kinda. The most work I probably do in my own house is voluntarily taking off my own boots. Up to four females in the household too, depending who's home, so me and the boys are usually outnumbered...ehhh outvoted...and as long as I'm fed I don't fuss anyways.

My official duties are, in no certain order:

Provide funding...I like doing that.
    Sex...I like doing that.
    Plan/organize all activities...never a chore.
    Killing bugs/spiders...my oldest boy has proven willing to usually accept this duty.
    Going along on grocery trips...best time to request new items on menu.
    Spanking kids...rarely needed but a necessary task.
  2. rosierita

rosierita New Member

i have always wanted a blackwidow.... 1 of these days i'm going to get 1 too!;):p
  3. delta13soultaker

Black Widow is a good choice...it has adjustable sights...I'd recommend the mag.
  4. Yup, they are nice revolvers, Delta. Like you said earlier in the thread, the only problem with the Blackwidow is its size with a 4" barrel, but on the other hand, the longer barrel does give one a bit better controllability and accuracy. Another feature I like is that the little gun will slip easily under my pants and belt and stay put. In that mode, only the grip is visible, and that is pretty easy to conceal. I bought mine about 15 years ago and it came with both a mag cylinder and a LR cylinder. That makes for cheap practice, but the option for carrying it with a reasonably potent cartridge.

I do like that mini you show in the photo though. It would sure make a fine pocket gun.
  5. delta13soultaker

The spare LR cylinder is a great way to go since Mag ammo runs $9-20 a box while LR can be had for $1.50.

I like the Black Widow and still may end up with one when I get a mini for myself. (The adjustable sights and extra 2" of barrel are big advantages.)

Shellie is 5'4" and 115 lbs, so I have no illusions of her winning a struggle with a grown male. (I've been a jujutsu referee on both male and female matches a long time and the average female is at severe physical disadvantage in regards of unarmed combat ability against the average male, and words will not change my opinion forged by witnessing attempts to try this theory out. I have seen only 1 female force a male into submission and she was far better conditioned than him.) But...using good hillbilly math...I do reckon strongly that a few 50 grain pieces of lead through a male aggressor's lung cavities, throat and face would make things plenty more even:D:D

p.s. Have ya ever seen a girl trying to conceal a handgun in designer jeans? lol
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  6. Your wish in my command, Rosie! :::::ducking::::: :D;):p

[​IMG]
  7. delta13soultaker

Pistol....I think ya been in the mushrooms again:);):D
  8. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

Well Delta, I do owe you one. The wife and I went out yesterday to procure a little pocket gun. After shopping at several gun stores we did find a NAA in 22 Mag.

[​IMG]

My wife held it and messed with it in store and feel in love with the feel of it. I of course told her I would get it for her. Then she noticed that the store was also carrying a Beretta Tomcat I have been wanting for awhile.

[​IMG]

So as I was buying her a NAA in 22 Mag she was buying me a Tomcat. So I have two new guns in our collection and a Happy Wife, I can't believe that it gets much better than this.

And of course the only reason we went shopping for one is because my wife saw the thread you started Delta....
  9. delta13soultaker

Oh wow man, congrats. (Gotta make momma happy right:D)

Those are some nice pieces. Hope you got good prices. Holding that little NAA you can't help but feel the sturdy quality in it, huh?

Please do a report on that Tomcat when ya get a chance.
  10. You bought yourself two very nice handguns, Xavier. I have an NAA Black Widow with .22 Mag and .22LR cylinders myself, and also a Beretta Tomcat. Not the most powerful cartridges in the world, granted, but you can hide either one of them just about anywhere.
  11. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

We headed to the range today to put the NAA and the Tomcat through the paces. I must say the NAA .22 Mag was interesting to shoot. It took about 20 rounds to even begin to get comfortable with it, but the kick was minimal for myself and the Mrs. The Mrs. did better with the NAA than I did but that is good because it is her gun anyway.

The Tomcat was really nice to shoot. I was suprised how little it kicked. I put about 100 rounds through it and I only had 2 FTF so I figure about two or three more trips to the range it should be good and broken in. I know the .32 Auto is not the most powerful cartridge, but for deep carry it will do.
  12. delta13soultaker

Cool.

That NAA...I found it easiest to aim by making the top flush under the front sight.
  13. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

I will give that I try next time I head out to the range, it was fun to shoot but with my big hands I kept feeling like it would just fly out of my hand...With these two guns being my first foray into deep carry firearms, I am learning that the smaller the gun, the harder to aim.
  14. delta13soultaker

Don't feel bad, you're not alone. It's really easy to underestimate how much harder smaller pistols are to use. Honestly, that's why I shoot my PPK/S so often...I'm just a couple notches below what I can do with a 1911 now, but at first I was pretty bad...and I started competing with service size handguns at 13 yrs old and had a little Spanish .32acp most of my teenage years.

You will improve with practice....the good news about smaller calibers is you can find really cheap ammo deals.