Range report...

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by glocknut, Mar 1, 2010.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Went shooting today. Strange results to say the least. I have sold a number of guns to a friend of a friend that is an eye doctor.
    He was interested in buying my medium size kimber but wanted to shoot it first.

We shot the kimber, the dan wesson and the glock 21 and glock 19 i sold him a couple of weeks ago. This guy shot the 45 caliber glock like hickok45 himself. All 12 rounds were touching each other a 10 yards distance! I was impressed! I had a good shooting day also. I managed to put most of the shots with my former glock in the 10 ring and ALL the shotsw in the 10 ring with the dan wesson. I dont understrand that gun.... it sprays lead like a shotgun for the first 1000 rounds and then it turns into a bullseye gun? Go figure....

The kimber had some issues. I suspect it was the factory kimber mags. The first round jammed ever time we loaded up the mag. Once the first round got chambered after some effort it ran fine. First time the gun was shot so it might be tight too? But he was willing to buy it anyways. Which leaves me with one surviving 1911...the dan wesson. And after todays bullseye punching fest i had with it i think the gun is finally fit to be proud of. Sure had a long break in period though.

No kimbers...the colts are both gone....and many others are gone as well. Thanks for destroying any chance of economic recovery barry...

mike
    gn
  2. red14

red14 Active Member

Hey, the one you got left, now shoots well. Good luck!
  3. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

I feel for ya Mike..... :( I've been in the same boat for quite some time. I can't remember what buying a firearm even feels like anymore. I'm down to my last 2 small arms: a Colt Combat Commander & a P229 Sig. I couldn't justify going hungry when I had more small arms than I could carry & shoot @ the same time.

Such is life..... :(

SR
  4. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Ya copy the, thanks barry.

Sounded like you are making the best out of the worse though, it's always fun to lob some lead every now and then.
  5. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

But at least he made it so you are not so "clingy" with your guns! :)

I hope you got some big bucks for them... :(
  6. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

The Wesson probably had a burr in the BBL that went away with some rounds down the pipe.
  7. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

Even tho you've thinned out the herd, it sux to lose a 'kid'....
  8. wpage

wpage Active Member

Sometimes less is more...
  9. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    re first shot jamming,it may be the mag,however a lot of people have some problems with ist shot.i have found a lot of people do not rack the slide properly.what i mean is when you pull the slide to rear of gun,the slide should slip out of your fingers when its pulled back completely.it seems some of us are too gentle with slide release and tend to hold it for a micro second b-4 release.i hope i made it clear. old semperfi
  10. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Here is the thing though....
    It did this racking the slide on a new magazine as well as follow up mags where the slide was locked back and released on the reloaded mag also.

Non of the other brand of 1911s ever did this. I suspect it was eith the magazine or the pistol is new and tight. I dont know... it does not matter now anyways. I dont intend on buying another kimber. If i ever buy another 1911 it will be a wilson or les bauer custom job. They did have a springfield armory that was customized by wilsons for $1800 and that might be ok but kimber is in the middle of the scale between the entry level 1911s and the high end stuff. If my finances improve i will wait and get a high end one.

Mike
    Gn

PS
    shouldnt this thread have been moved to the 1911 forum?
  11. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

Fear the man with only one gun because he probably knows how to use it!

I feel your pain. I swear every time I think of the guns I have sold over the years for things like school tuition, mortgage payment, and all of life’s pitfalls.