Range Report

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by The_Rifleman, Apr 19, 2010.

1. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

Good thing I was sidetracked yesterday with the AR15 people calling me a liar; because yesterday I had missed by an inch, today I hit! :)

I came to the conclusion I hadn't written down my settings the last time I got my absolute zero at 400 yards; because the setting I had recorded were 4 inches low and I had no lateral settings at all, (which should have been my first clue.)

But I have them written down now and all is back to normal in my, (400 yard,) world. :D

Howa 1500 30-06, 3" Target, 400 Yards, HIT

I am really liking this powder, I've only had one flier since the change and it was only about 3 inches off at 400 yards... Which could have been my fault.

Howa 1500 30-06
    Nikko Stirling Diamond scope, (came with)
    Burris Signature Zee rings
    Hornady 190gr SPBT
    IMR 4831
    Primer: CCI 200
    Case, Winchester
  2. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

I've made cold bore shots w/ a 7.5" 44mag revolver that those guys @ AR-15.com would've had to see to believe. ;)

Don't sweat the small stuff Rifleman..... if you know you made the shot & can do it when it counts...... :D

S*R
  3. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

It just gets my goat when people call me a liar from afar; thinking they are safe in the comfort of their precious circle-jerk. At least they should have had the guts to take their issues with the shot to me.

And it especially got my goat when that post was the first search result on Google for my shot, I could not let those comments stand unchallenged.
  4. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

I like this quote off the ar15 board "If you don't think some one can get lucky with a lever gun, Then you would NEVER believe what they were accomplishing in the 1800's with black powder metallic cartridges."

Think they're a little tight in the britches; Ya made a nice shot and congrats are in order, thanks for sharing it. I see no reason whatsoever to try to discredit the shot, other than jealousy !! :D :D Was a little luck involved...... yes, but you have to have a great deal of skill and testing coupled with that wee bit of luck in order to hit a single shot deadcenter like that with a 30-30 at 550. Like I say with my pool shots, if I make it, it's skill, if I miss it, it's just bad luck.
  5. zfk55

zfk55 New Member

You know what you did, Rifleman. ARFcom is a tough audience. Even tougher is Snipershide. Try posting about a SH not-approved rifle and long shots there.
    These different specialty boards have their cliques and if you haven't done the appropriate bowing and scraping first you're going to be doubted, ridiculed and slammed despite your best efforts.
    On one board if you don't have a split-camera setup you're going to be accused of all kinds of chicanery.
    Great shot, and if your world is 400 yards then who's to doubt you?
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I wouldnt sweat those guys. They are the very definition of internet commandos. Great shootn rifleman, as always;)
  7. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

I didn't post it, I stumbled upon it while searching for that shot on google. I never seen the site until 2 days ago, and now they are sorry I did.

And thanks everyone! :D
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  8. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Hey Rifleman, that was a heck of a shot in anyones book!
    Keep up the great shooting! And thanks for posting them here, I know I look forward to "now what in the heck is he gonna pull off this time?" And then you do it!