1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Range test CZ 52

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by Pistolenschutze, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Well, after all the bad weather over the last couple of months, I finally got the chance to try out my milsurp CZ 52 this morning. Bottom line, if you have a C&R and don't yet have one of these pistols, BUY ONE before they are all gone! The long and the short of it is that mine shoots as well, or better, than pistols costing five or six times as much. The pistol functioned flawlessly and accuracy was superb, especially for a used military handgun. After I got used to shooting it (which took about 50 rounds) I was getting two inch groups at 15 yards. With better sights, I think it is capable of even better accuracy than that.
  2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Great, now you have let the cat out of the bag.
    Your supposed to keep CZs a secret.
    Now the price will double on them. :(

Kidding aside, Most all reports I have heard on them are good.
    One of the best values for the money going.

Glad to hear you finally got to go to the range. ;)
  3. I'm surprised they haven't doubled in price already, Pick. :rolleyes: They are indeed a fantastic bargain. I gave $140.00 for mine, complete with two mags, a spare firing pin and a military style leather holster. The original military firing pins are weak on these pistols since they were made of cast instead of forged metal, but I'm going to order a forged, after-market replacement. I would judge the recoil at about the same as a 9mm +P in that heavy pistol, though the bullet velocity is considerably higher, as is bullet penetration. I wonder if anyone markets a decent sight for the CZ.
  4. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

Right on, get rid of that firing pin as soon as you can. I bought my CZ52's way back when. Before they started making the nice aftermarket firing pins I replaced about every 6 months. The pin which hols the slide lock may become loose after time; they are merely staked in. If yours works it's way loose I would opt for a fitted pin this a half-moon spring clip on the back side. This would also aid in the event of wishing to add an aftermarked slide release. The wood grips if still available can really make that grip feel like home. I have not seen sights for them specifically; but taking a bit larger footprint sight and fitting it to the post frame would be adequate. I did this when I decided I liked the cartridge enough for regular shooting. You can do anything with intestinal fortitude and a supply of Schnapps.
  5. One thing I really noticed with the CZ-52 is how enthusiastically it ejects the spent casings! It was tossing them far enough to hit my truck parked to my right and immediately behind the firing line, a good fifteen feet away. I was shooting S&B commercial ammo, not milsurp, so I don't think it was caused by overloaded ammo.
  6. cosmo05

cosmo05 New Member

Where or what supplier has these two items?
  7. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I have found S&B to be “just a touch” on the hot side.
    My 1911 kicks shells across the room pretty good, and that is what I attribute it to.

Wolff has a different recoil spring for your 52, you might try.
    Don't want it slamming back that hard if you have to.

http://www.gunsprings.com/SemiAuto/CZNF.html#CZ52
  8. You could well be right, Pick. As you know, S&B is Czech made, and they're noted for being a bit generous with the powder charges. I'll check out that Wolff spring. I didn't know Wolff made one of the CZ-52.
  9. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

I need to get one, like a dummy I always intended to but when everybody had them for $99 with two mags and holster I figured I'd wait till they hit $79 like the old .32acp CZ-50s did....:cool:

I missed out on the CZ-50s too....;)

As you can guess, I don't have much luck in the stock market either.
  10. Polish is back and posting???? I heard he was auditing a store in California and the liberals staked him out on an anthill in the Mojave Desert. :D ;)

Polish, stockmarket tip: It's "buy low, sell high," not "buy high, sell low." :D

If you want a CZ 52, check out the ones from Classic if they still have any. The one I got is absolutely excellent.
  11. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Glad to see you, Polish. We've been missin' you!!!!!!
  12. polishshooter

No, but I have to fly to Dallas next week for a meeting where I and a few others get told what worthless POS's we are for letting our shrink go up so high...and the people that decided to start carrying more expensive tools and electronics merchandise AND quit using the locked showcases right before Xmas, along with cutting payroll to the bone so there's nobody to watch it don't hear a thing....

Oh well, I still have a job, and my shrink goals for next year should be easier to hit for a bonus....;)

I've danced in this barn a few times in my life...:cool:
  13. charagrin

charagrin Former Guest

I like the way the CZ-52 sounds but how hard is it to get good ammo? Also what about the trigger pull? And What about the CZ-82? I read that they are ok for plinking and small game hunting as well as defense. I dont have a CCW (Im not old enough) but I could keep either the CZ-82 or 52 in my bedstand draw.:)
  14. polishshooter

Actually, there seems to be a pretty good supply of x25 surplus Yugo ammo around now, at AIM and SOG, and I see it at shows.

And I believe it will be soon loaded commercially if it isn't already, by Wolf or Igman or S&B....
  15. rsbks7

rsbks7 New Member

I own a CZ52 and am pleased with the way it works. The only problem, that I have is the pin that holds the locking lugs (the ones you press to seperate barrel and body of the pistol) keeps wanting to back out. Have had mine to gunsmith once. Fired maybe 25 rounds and it's working it's way out again. So off it must go to the gunsmith again. (Someone else this time)