Range trip yesterday

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by armoredman, Apr 15, 2012.

1. armoredman

armoredman New Member

A former boss has become a close friend, and I've been trying to get him out to the range for a while now. After showing him the CZ 712 shotgun in his home, he was suddenly VERY interested in going shooting! ;D
    I had another former co-worker show up, and the three of us blasted merrily away at both my traditional stand up target, and my newest victim, the Big Gong Show.

Pictures, please. :cool:

I brought the wife's 5.56mm SA vz-58 to sight in the 'scope and mount...by the way, the title of this picture is "What's Wrong with this Picture"? :D

[​IMG]

Mr friend brought his very nice Kimber Classic Stainless 1911 45ACP,

[​IMG]

The third member used the P-01 with Kadet Kit, loving every minute of it. This is a great picture of the two of them shooting, having no idea I was snapping pictures. I'm so devious. They both approved of the photos afterwards, however.

[​IMG]

My buddy tried the 712 Utility with extras, sorry, couldn't help but add text - you really can see the grin there.

[​IMG]

It became a bit windy, knocking over my wood/metal target stand, but not the Big Gong Show,

[​IMG]

Speaking of, it worked great, even when deflecting a few 45ACP rounds from one leg.

[​IMG]

My friend proved he hadn't lost any skill with that Kimber, swinging the Big Gong Show repeatedly at 25 yards with little effort,

[​IMG]

At the end, the wooden target legs and cardboard of my target stand were shredded with shotgun blasts and a few long range misses, but the wooden legs cost me $.25 each, and the cardboard was free. :) The self sealing Big Gong Show showed the impact of hundreds, yes, hundreds of 45, 9mm, #6 shot and 22lr hits.

[​IMG]

Poor Gong... :(:D

All in all a great day at the range!

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  2. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Looks like to much fun.
  3. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

Sounds like a great time was had by all.
    Thanks for sharing with us and others.
  4. Guts3d

Guts3d Active Member