Rangel says "he's not going away"

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by 199er, Aug 10, 2010.

1. 199er

199er New Member

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  2. belercous

belercous Former Guest

Charlie can say whatever he wants, that don't make it true. Don't expect to see his happy axx there come the next Congress. His case doesn't look good for him or the Dems. (still, his seat is owned by the Dems.)
    When (and I hate to pre-judge, but there is the matter of evidence) he has been found to violate ethics charges, the House will refuse to seat him, even when he wins re-election.
    See, the Dems don't back crimminals very far. And Rangle is certain to lose. All it really takes is the House Ethics Committee to vote for censure, which they will. (nota bene; the House ethics committee is now evenly divided between the GOP and Dems. The Dems. did this upon taking office after the House ethics committee [under the G.W.B. Admin.] simply changed the rules to suit Tom DeLay. Although he later was tried & convicted.) The Dems at least don't back crimminals, they will eat their own.
    I suppose it has something to with a a sense of shame.

I could be mistaken, but I doubt it. If Charlie doesn't plead by late August/early September, don't look for him in the next Congress. Him & James Brown's hair will soon be a relic.
  3. belercous

belercous Former Guest

Oops, I misspoke. Tom Delay has not yet been convicted. That's what happens when I talk off of the top of my head. But I caught it by double-checking myself, and I admit I erred. At least I caught myself before others did.
    Do note that Tom DeLay has not been acquitted either. The full trial has yet to take place. My bad for speaking prematurely.
  4. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "Dems don't back criminals" what about Tim the tax cheat and several others with tax problems? By the way Tom Delay is a Republican and he is long gone.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Most all the Demoncrats are criminals! Just like most of the Republicant's!
  6. 199er

199er New Member

I agree.......both partys have more than their share of these types................in fact I believe they are 'littered' with them and the list seems to be never ending................ next in the batters' box is Maxine Waters and rumor has it she will play the race card. This will make for some very entertaining news, all the "talking heads" will be out in force.
  7. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Remember congressman William Jefferson with $80,000 in cash in the freezer. He wasn't going to resign. He was defeated for re-election and then tried, found guilt for bribery and received a 13 year sentence in Nov 2009.

Adam Clayton Powell (Keep the faith baby) was from that district, censured out of his seat and re-elected twice after censure including the special election that was held because of his censure. I am not confident that ole Charlie won't be there even if he gets to boot.

I agree that both parties have issues and feel that the only solution is term limits. The house 3 terms, the senate 2. Go home and get a real job.
  8. 199er

199er New Member

I do remember this guy..............he put a whole new meaning to the term "cold cash"!!!
  9. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

And I see that Rangel's female counterpart from California is blaming all of her problems on Bush.

These people are just pathetic.
  10. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Well at least she's taking a fresh approach. She called a meeting and advocated for TARP funds on behalf of a bank her and her husbands owned $500,000 in marketable securities that without the TARP funds would be worth a great deal less. When they got what they asked for, it was Bush's fault that she violated her oath of office and pressured the sec of treasury for a bailout for her obvious benefit. Sort of like the old Flip Wilson line "the devil made me do it".
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  11. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    You must mean Maxine "Satchmo'" Waters. God, I'll be glad to see her go. The problem with Congress is that it's full of career politicians from both sides. We gotta get these bums out and, even if they don't go to jail, they'll not be able to pass all the BS laws that cripple the honest working men and women of the country and reward the crooked amongst us. If we win the House, no more Pelosi. Now THAT'S worth your vote. She has to be the worst EVER :mad:. TJ
  12. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    That was really unfair to Satchmo and yes considering our penchant for reelecting corrupt politicians because they are our own I will bet she will be in her seat for as long as she wants it. Rangel is 78 and unless he makes it to 98 I don't imagine he will be around all that much longer.

Only a complete revolution at the polls in November and again in 2012 will clear out the garbage. However if the majority of the electorate continue voting for the same old 2 party candidates the old garbage will just be replaced with new garbage still beholden to the system and still firmly entrenched in the deep pockets of their favorite lobbyist.

We really need to get some independents in Washington, the more the better.
  13. 199er

199er New Member

14. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

None of them will go without a fight.
    A fight that will cost the tax payers.:mad:

Criminals using our money to try to defend themselves.:mad::mad::mad:

Time for loser pays!:mad:
  15. wpage

wpage Active Member

Time to vote for justice.