Ranger 12 Gauge Double Barrel

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by BobT64, Apr 6, 2010.

1. BobT64

BobT64 New Member

I have a Ranger 12 gauge double barrel shotgun with patent Apr 20 1915 on the right side of the receiver; Ranger on the left side; and proof tested 12 gauge on the top of the left barrel. I've heard (read) that Stevens manufactured these guns for Montgomery Ward. Is this correct? Any other info would be much appreciated.
  2. wpage

wpage Active Member

3. CHW2021

CHW2021 Active Member

Check in the back of the Numrich parts catalog, there is (was) a listing for manufacturers of "store brand" firearms.
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

My Dad had a Winchester Ranger double he bought before my older sister was born. It was a fine gun, except that the stock was too short. He used the excuse that he bought it for Mom. So, she had him cut the stock cut down to fit her. ;) She didn't use it and it beat the 4377 out of Dad every time he fired it. :D

It was very reliable and shot everything we could feed it.

Pops
  5. Contenderizer

Contenderizer New Member

Bob,

If the only name on your shotgun is Ranger, you likely have a gun manufactured for Sears, Roebuck & Co. by any number of manufacturers including Savage, Stevens, H&R, Winchester and Marlin. As suggested by wpage, photos would help. Also, look for a model number. With either or both, we should be able to solve your puzzle.