1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Ranger .22 cal Repeating rifle Help

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by ESKI, Dec 18, 2009.

1. ESKI

ESKI New Member

I was recently given a Sears, Roebucks Ranger repeating rifle model 246. For 22 short 22 long or long rifle. I was wondering if anyone has heard of this gun? And if anyone can tell me how old it is and who made it for Sears and what it would be worth today. Also is there any place that I might find a parts breakdown or exploded view. Any Info would be appreciated. Thank You!
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

3. tarheel101

tarheel101 New Member

Numrich's cross reference doesn't have a model 246 under Ranger, Sears or JC Higgins. Is there another number somewhere on the rifle, maybe starting with 101.xxx or something like that?
    A picture would also help to track it down.

Tarheel
  4. ESKI

ESKI New Member

There is a serial number on the front of the reciever it is 135507 with the letter K below the number the number 246 I took from the original box label that says number 246. sorry no picture yet.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  5. CHW2021

CHW2021 Active Member

Post pictures if you can please. Also check your rifle against Savage models, Savage made some store brand guns.