Ranger 22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by dteed4094, Jan 24, 2011.

1. dteed4094

dteed4094 New Member

I recently acquired a 22 bolt action single shot. It does not cock on close, you have to pull the striker back manually to cock it. On the rear left side of the receiver it says "RANGER". On the barrel ahead of the receiver it says"22 short long or long rifle. Just ahead of the receiver on the barrel there is a small circle with the number 11 inside. These are the only marks on the rifle. The rear dovetail sight is missing and it has what appears to be another spot to mount a peep sight. Its hole in a milled off spot on the very back of the receiver. It has a metal trigger guard with the front screw inside and the rear screw outside the guard. I would post pictures but my camera is AWOL. Any info would be appreciated.
  2. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

No model number? I have a Ranger model 35 marked .22 short, long, long rifle. Bolt action single shot with peep sight that mounts on the left side. My bolt cocks when bolt handle is rotated up. It has the plunger I can use to de-cock or pull back slightly and rotate to use as a safety. Mine was made from 1933 to 1937.

I've read somewhere that it's the same as a Savage model but have not researched it. Incredibly accurate rifle!
  3. Rooster Cogburn

Rooster Cogburn New Member

First rifle I ever fired was a Ranger .22 I believe it was made by Marlin and sold thru Sears.