Ranger single shot 22 rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by duhhillbilly, Dec 27, 2008.

1. duhhillbilly

duhhillbilly New Member

I bought a 22 rifle with these markings only (top of the barrel):

Ranger 22 s/l/lr Model 36A. No other info. I know that there was a Ranger Arms company in Texas, but the following companies also produced "ranger" models: Stevens, Marlin, Winchester, and Savage.

Any info on a Ranger Model 36A? Good condition. Shoots fine. I would rate condition at 70%. Value????
  2. dogspit

dogspit New Member

Morning

With little info you provided I think it's a Sears & Robuck brand and value form $75-$100 depending on condition.

Enjoy

Fred
  3. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Western Auto sold a Ranger 36 but I didn't see a a 36A on the list
  4. viking03a

viking03a New Member

I have a Ranger model 36, .22cal, single shot, short or L.R. no other markings,
    no serial Number found. It is missing the bolt.
    The bolt handle is for this bolt is located with the front edge of the bolt lock lug,
    at the base of the handle, 1.1 inch to the rear of the front of the bolt. The bolt for
    the magazine fed version appears to have the bolt handle at the rear of the bolt.
    No information can be found on any part of the rifle to identify who, or when this rifle
    was manufactured, or where it was sold. barrel and stock on this rifle are in very good
    condition. Any information on this rifle would be greatly appreciated. A bolt, would
    be a wonderful find, or if you have a bolt,
    A photo of the bolt, with dimensions would be appreciated, as I may machine a new
    one for this rifle.
    Thanks Viking
  5. scro1

scro1 New Member

Same senario, turns out a Marlin model 100 bolt worked
  6. RJay

RJay Active Member

Cooey also produced single shot .22s for the American market. In fact most of the single shot rifles marked Ranger are Cooey's
  7. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

Pictures sure would help...as always.

Made by Marlin, same as a Model 100 SS or a Sears JCHiggins 103.18.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a JCHiggins, different trigger guard but basically the same.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]