1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

RANT: Accountability, Respect, Integrity...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by firefighter1635, Jul 22, 2012.

1. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Where has it all gone? I'm the kind of person that if I say I’m going to do something, I do it, come hell or high water. I'm tired of being lied to from "friends & Family" that say there going to do something but never do it.

Or they may have a philosophy on a particular matter but do the opposite of what there philosophy states, that's hypocritical and shows no integrity IMHO and I hate it. I don't speak to some of my relatives and supposed friends anymore because of this.

Maybe it's today’s society or whatever but I can't figure it out. If you say you’re going to do something, do it! If you say you believe in something, stand by you’re beliefs, don't change your mind because someone might think differently of you.

Ok, end of my rant if you can understand it. Sometimes, well most of the time I have a hard time typing my thoughts.
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Sorry firefighter and in all due respect, I call such people Morons!
    I know a few just as you described. (family also)
  3. 25yretcoastie

25yretcoastie Member

There is no shortage of those kind of people.
  4. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You have morons in your family too? I also believe that if you say your going to do something, then do it. Good post firefighter.
  5. skullfr

skullfr New Member

worlds full of em

Attached Files:

6. Zane71464

...whats scrary, is when you begin to wonder if your're the only one that isnt a dang Moron!!!:eek::banghead::banghead::banghead::halo::lmao2:
  7. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Thanks folks, I feel you've understood my post as rambling as it may be. I've contribute this mentallity to the ME,ME,ME society we live in. Anyone that knows me personally knows that I really dislike liars, hypocrits and people that have no personal integrity. What ever happened to a mans hand shake being his word? I know if i've told you something and we've shaken on it, it's like gold!

My wife thinks im backwards because I shun people. She calls me a hermit:eek:. I told her I would be much more open to society in general if there was anything decent in society.
  8. Zane71464

I dont know what ever happened to the handshake meaning?
    I know a handfull of folks that still beileve in it and I do as well.
    If I shake on something, it's a done deal, no matter what the handshake is about!
  9. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

I agree. with the handshake.
    And when I give my word to some one. I keep it!
    One of my friends tryed to get me to break it, To make a point.
    He said all he wanted was a fat lip for his B-day. Naged my for 4 days about it.
    So I promised him i would hit him for his B-day.
    When he turned 26 he went from having two lips to three. and lost a tooth.
    I did tell him if it made him feel beter he could hit me back. he said no I asked ya too, didn't think you would realy do it.

Your word the one thing they cant take aaway.
  10. Sig Willy

Sig Willy Member

I'm with you firefighter, I'm a man of my word. Too bad there isn't anybody around like you and me. That includes my friends and family, it's ridiculous.
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

your are as good as your word ,

those who say their faith is the only word they need forget God also holds you to your word ..

i made a statement in 1980 , it was a impossible statement to keep , but i've done my best to do so

i made another in 1996 , that we'd win back our guns , i was told i'd over stepped the mark their too

while we dont have all the guns back , we do have most and today there are more guns bought every 2 years than where taken in the sweeps and buy backs

i'm hated by many , feared by some too , ridiculed by my own prime minister
    but she wont debate me publicly because of one reason ,

she's been caught in lies while i have not

she has made promises that she had no intent on keeping

i never have and on that basis alone they fear

they fear people who keep their word

Honour to them is a fearful thing

to the rest of us , its a goal of life

Honour in all things but with your word as no good.. how do you have Honour ?

you cant
  12. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

i guess scouting helped me, along with an ass woopin from dad .
    i learned at an very early age that your honer was at stake if you couldn't keep your word or tell the truth
  13. geds

geds New Member

Amen!
  14. USP 45

USP 45 New Member

Problem is, they breed like rabbits and generally outnumber the good guys 20 to 1. The only thing that seems to change is the ratio.
  15. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I was just telling my wife today 80% of the people are just plain no good. They take, take and take but could never give. Maybe you are part of the 20% and just figured this out. That would make anyone upset.