1. topper

topper New Member

Gasoline is headed back up. $2.76/gal in se texas. What is the cause of this now? Did someone trip over a pipe at the refinery or what? I sure there is some excuse. One the news, Obama's rating is dropping. Overall it is down to 46% approval. With all he has done to destroy our economy, i'm suprised it is that high. I guess a lot of folks forgot about the one trillion dollar 'stimulus' money that produced no jobs and more debt. Or perhaps they already forgot about the failed 'cash for clunkers' that the taxpayers had to fork over $3Billion for. I'll bet when tax time is here, many will remember obama for "giving" the working people a 'tax cut". Guess what, now is time to payback. After obama gets his forced healthcare and all the taxs that goes with it, his approval rating should drop to about 0%, IMO. How in the world did america slid so far down in such a short period of time? China is now the world's largest exporter. They overtook Germany and now they got the top position. I wonder how far down the list America is? Ok, finished ranting.....for now. Stay tuned for more...later.
  2. oldogy

oldogy New Member

Till we throw the current trash out of government and start developing our own energies it is only going to get worse.
    Side note and question just for laughs and giggles: What is the Department of Energy doing these days?
    oldogy
  3. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Yeah, let's us blame it on Ole Bama!
  4. killbuck

killbuck New Member

It's going up in NY as well. They are blaming it on China for thier demand now. Last I heard it was up to $84 a bbl. China is putting more cars on the road so they say.

killbuck
  5. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I dunno about you all but I hear pretty neat things going on in china. They must have one of the new female reproductive organs over there that gives life to the ecomony. I might need to move.
  6. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I certainly think there were many people disgruntled with the Bush, that they blindly voted for Obama because he told them "change." I think either way, an economic $h!+storm is inevitable if things keep going the way they are. Like either inflation will go way up, or there will be another Great Depression. I don't get why people sit and support what this guy's doing. His first stimulus package didn't work. Cash For Clunkers was a flop because everyone went and used it on foreign made cars - which didn't do much to help American workers. How will his healthcare things be any different? I think the cons outweigh the pros of his proposed "reforms."
  7. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Man, I'd sure hate to live in China. You can only have so many kids. That would suck. Especially with me because I love Asian women. Kind of makes you think how good we have it here in the good old USA.
  8. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I think gas prices are just going to get higher and higher gradually. Not just because of China's demand for it now, but because sooner or later the oil is going to run out and then it's just supply and demand. I'd invest in horses and ride around like Clint Eastwood to the saloon and have me a bottle of whiskey. I wonder if you can get an OWI for riding a horse while drunk.
  9. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

And $2.76/gal is what ?

Forget the "numbers" - its how long you have to work to fill the tank !! Back when gas cost $.36/gal I was making $2.50/hr. Which means I had to work almost three hours to fill the 20 gal. tank !!

@ $16.50/hr that same 20 gal. tank fill "costs" 2.7 hrs to fill today ......... What did you 'lose' ?

Energy, particularly gasoline, is the best bargain you can find in today's economy - both in terms of energy/unit and value/dollar. AND, if we run the Watermelons out of government, it'll get even cheaper !! The U.S. has tremendous known reserves of oil, gas !! New field discoveries in the Dakotas, PA/NYS, offshore from NJ to FL are just the start...... >MW
  10. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Exactly!
    As a percentage of income, gas has stayed flat to DOWN over the years.
    Lots of other things have actually gone up, though, when measured in real dollars - Like POSTAGE, for instance!
    I am 66 years old, and can remember penny postcards.
    Today, a postcard costs .28 to mail, or an increase of 28 times.

So, if we take $2.76 a gallon for gas and divide it by 28, we come up with less than a dime a gallon for gas.
    Sorry, but I do NOT remember gas ever being that cheap.
  11. zaxx

zaxx New Member

I'm dating myself, but here's my story:

Way back, long time ago, I lived in Tucson and gas (pricing) wars were common. Gas could be had for 25 cents a gallon, smokes were 25 cents a pack (BX) and draught beer was 25 cents a glass. If a guy had 5 bucks in his pocket, he was set for the evening.
  12. DCOhio

DCOhio New Member

I remember those days, 1967 except I made $1.25 an hour working at the gas station that sold the .36 gas, which, BTW, never changed price for two years I worked there!
    Whats a BOTTLE OF WATER going for at a gas station now?

But, we better start poking some holes in the ground, not that I think the price would go down one cent ( the oil companies will make sure of that) but the 'shortages' might stop. Plus, we could get out of those peoples lives 'over there'.
    D.