Ray Lewis thinks that the NFL prevents crime

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by CampingJosh, May 23, 2011.

1. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...rime-will-increase-if-NFL-has-?urn=nfl-wp2110

So... criminals are too busy to rob/rape/assault people? :rolleyes: Or they take out their aggression by watching people play a game? :confused: I just have no idea where this came from.

I can just imagine the conversation: "You know, Jim, I was going to watch Monday Night Football, but since it's not on this week, what do you say we go hold up the Village Pantry instead?"
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

I read the article then the comments.

I'm laughing too much to type.
  3. Willie

Willie Active Member

My first thought was that the players won't have anything to do so they will get in even more trouble than they do normally. By the time they solve the lockout there might not be enough players not in jail to have a season. Even Ray Lewis is no stranger to the inside of a jail. Maybe he and Mike Vick can get together and sponser a big party.
  4. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

Just my personal opinion, Ray Lewis should be in prison for murder.
  5. Willie

Willie Active Member

A lot feel this way. Me too. Why is it that some people can't have a party with out someone's posse shooting someone,or they shoot themselves? Lot of NFLers shot in recent years.

Couldn't be the music,could it?
  6. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

The music is a symptom, not a cause.

White people have plenty of self-destructive music, too.
  7. Willie

Willie Active Member

I never mentioned color at all. And most of the music I am forced to hear,on construction sites etc. is pretty violent and imflammatory. I would seem that is why these musicians kill each other all the time. Biggie Smalls,Tupac, and one just last week I forget his name. Can you imagine Tom Jones killing Elvis or Engelbert Humperdink killing Neil Diamond or the Beatles killing the Monkees? Didn't seem to happen so much. Of course the wild party with huge posses of angry armed young men doing drive-by shootings had not been invented yet,I believe.
  8. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

I didn't mean to imply that you did. I just meant that Ray Lewis is black.

The thought of Ringo fighting Mickey Dolenz is hilarious to me. :D

But I'm still going to hold that the music is the result of the terrible culture, not the cause. It may work to perpetuate it, but I'm going to go ahead and say that it is one of the least influences on the lives of young people.
  9. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

Rap music was born in the violence and hopeless frustration of a ghetto culture. To expect anything less than the fact that it contributes to more violence and frustration is like believing it's actually music and not merely the mindless ravings of the uneducated and unthinking, dosed with copious amounts of illegal drugs.
  10. Willie

Willie Active Member

I know. When I was typing I was laughing about all the people I could name fighting each other. Like could Davy Jones take Donny Osmond? With Maybe the Partridge Family in the octogon with the Jackson 5? Lol ha ha ha I'll stop now.
  11. Willie

Willie Active Member

That is something to ponder.I am pretty sure rap does not promote family,church,empathy for others,or just plain helping your fellow man. On the other hand my music as a young man didn't either....what I can remember. :rolleyes:
  12. Nalgi

Nalgi New Member

Im glad Ray thinks he is saving the youth of america by watching him earn an ungodly salary!
  13. Python

Python Former Guest

Ditto.
  14. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

Uh, actually I think he meant it keeps the players off the streets.
  15. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

Now if the NBA shut down...