RCBS customer service

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by flintlock, Mar 8, 2012.

1. flintlock

flintlock Active Member

RCBS has customer service second to no one! I just called to buy a replacement decapping rod for my 30-30 dies, which I have had since 1977, and what they said was "No charge." Can't beat that.
  2. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I had the same experience. I bought a well-used progressive press that needed some TLC and replacement parts. I called them in California from the UK; they took the list of parts I needed and shipped them to me at no charge for parts or shipping. I received them within two weeks. Well impressed.
  3. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

I know, awesome isn't it! :cool: Don't you wish everyone was as great as them? :)
  4. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I posted here awhile back about their CS. It's over in the Feedback forum.

I had bent the spindle in my universal de-capping die. I called them and told them it was my fault and was looking to by a replacement. The young lady said no problem and asked for my address. She sent the spindle and 10 extra pins for it at no charge. I also have a 5-0-5 beam scale that the tip had broken off of after a fall off the shelf. I again called CS and was told to send it in. I received it in the mail a few weeks later with an invoice that said "replaced beam and calibrated".......No Charge. :D
  5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Now, that's interesting. Did you send it to RCBS, in California? 'Cause when I broke mine, they had me send it to OHAUS, in New Jersey, the folks that actually made it. Ohaus fixed it and sent it back, and apparently billed RCBS ('cause it didn't cost me nothin'), but I didn't send it back to them.
  6. chubcobear

chubcobear New Member

Isn't the service provider for RCBS in Oroville, Ca. located very near their plant called Huntingtons Sporting Goods, also in Oroville? I think they do the repair and service work for the main Oroville RCBS facility.
  7. Little Rooster

Little Rooster New Member

I haven't had very good luck with RCBS, Sent vibrator back twice returned broke, third time had a note saying do not return. I bought a BLUE ONE. Order replacement pins for resizing dies cost less at Midway
  8. howlnmad

Alpo,
    When I called they had me send it to California. I don't know what they did after that but it came back in a new RCBS box and the invoice was from them.

chubcobear,
    Yes, RCBS is out of Oroville but their beam scales (and many others) are made by Ohaus out of New Jersey.
  9. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

10. howlnmad

Alpo,

They had me send it directly to Oroville, Ca. Mine had broken near the pointer where the copper weight is. All i know is that it came back from Ca as well.
  11. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Weird. But hey, as long as they fixed it. :D
  12. howlnmad

And at no charge to me :ya:.
  13. Clipper

Clipper Member

I'm with Little Rooster, had problems with tumbler, sent it back, then they returned it un-repaired. Nice Blue tumbler works like a charm at a lot less money. Press and dies are probably easier to warrant, electric appliances less so. I'll not purchase another RCBS tumbler, may acquire more of their dies when needed.
  14. dbach

dbach Member

RCBS Customer serice has been great. They really do a fantastic job.

OCYMMV