RCBS Customer Service

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by 199er, Dec 16, 2010.

1. 199er

199er New Member

I want to share this with our forum membership:

The 2 year 'limited warranty' on my Range Master 750 scale expired in 2008 but it's AC adapter quit working this week. About 45 minutes ago I called RCBS Customer Service and told them about the broken AC adapter, my expired warranty, and asked to purchase a replacement adapter.

They said they would replace AC adapter at no cost to me even though the warranty has been expired more than two years..................... now that's customer service way beyond the product warranty and my expectations. It demonstrates what RCBS thinks of it's products and customers.
  2. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

Thanks for that info, 199er! RCBS and Lyman have always been two top-notch outfits to deal with. Glad they helped you out! Jim
  3. henry77

henry77 New Member

RCBS has great to me over the 40 years that I have some of their reloading gear.
  4. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Now, that's terrific service!

I'm not entirely surprised though as RCBS has taken good care of me over the years. A fine company to do business with for sure.
  5. techoca

techoca New Member

+1 for RCBS Customer Service.:D
    I bought a used RCBS Primer Pocket Swager off eBay that was short the .223 rod and small size head. I called RCBS to order replacement parts and they sent the parts free of charge even though I explained that I bought the swager used and it was sent incomplete. Wow, that's crazy good customer service.
  6. Wilddog

Wilddog New Member

Thanks for some "Happy News" about a company I would guess we all do business with. Stanley thermos, Craftsman tools, and now RCBS. Good to know.
  7. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I loaned my primer pocket swager to my brother-in-law, and he bent the 223 rod. I called RCBS and told them that, and that I needed to buy a new one. They shipped me one free of charge.

My kitchen cabinet fell off the wall, and among the things that got broken was my scale, which was sitting on the counter.
    [​IMG]

Pretty, ain't it? So I wrote 'em and said, "Can I get a new beam?" They gave me a "return authorization" number, and told me to ship the entire scale back to Ohaus, as it would need to be recalibrated. So, I broke it, and RCBS paid an outside vendor to fix it.

I like Big Green.
  8. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Another +1 for RCBS - I have been moving things around on my bench and getting it re-organized. Well, the Ms's hasn't been feeling well and she took some Nyquil the other night and had to get up in the middle of the night. BOOM, somehow she ran into my bench and knocked the RC to the floor. ( all toes missed and the floor is 3/4" oak, so no severe damage ) It did however snap my priming tube off. I called RCBS this afternoon and explained what I needed off of the 9358 Priming system and they're sending it out at no charge. Got to be at least a $12-15 part; they back up and support their product. I do hate to see more of the green coming from overseas, but still got customer service reps that are in the US and speak English!
  9. langenc

langenc Member

Be very careful while rolling/folding the wire on the power device for any electronic device.

The wires in those are very fine and continued bending soon BREAKS them and then usually get intermittent power.
  10. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I agree. RCBS does a good job.
  11. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

zombie post.

But I agree.. rcbs does a good job. They shipped me parts for my trim pro without a hassle. it was in warranty mind you.. but I didn't even get that far to tell them that it was. I have their powered trim pro now as well.

can't see getting away from rcbs with support like that. My main press is a rock chucker.. love it.
  12. 76Highboy

Zombie post I know. Alpo and I were chatting and we pulled it up. Old threads can be fun.
  13. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I had a similar experience except the cat knocked it off the shelf. They had me send mine directly to them. Sad thing is that I was doing some framing work in the shop and had a 2x4 fall and smash it again. I'm almost to ashamed to call them again.
  14. howlnmad

Sam gonna sick his pigmies on you. :eek:
  15. 76Highboy

He already did and I ended up with a pair of grips for my 1911. I will just say,,, their real nice.;)
  16. howlnmad

Oh yeah, I saw them. They are definately you.
  17. GBertolet

GBertolet Member

The few dollars it cost RCBS, to replace a small out of warranty part, buys better advertising than a ton of money spent on magazine ads. Think of this thread as free unsolicited advertising for them. I know they do!
  18. langenc

langenc Member

I was on another site and someone said they had dropped an RCBS item.

I told em to call and ask and probably would be replaced. I dont know how it ever came out.
  19. Clipper

Clipper Active Member

I have another ATTABOY for RCBS customer service. I have a vibrator case cleaner, burned out the motor, contacted RCBS about the motor, wanted to know what it would cost me for a new motor. Today, their customer service says they have shipped the Motor! I can't say enough nice things about these folks!
  20. Clipper

Clipper Active Member

Package in the mail yesterday from RCBS, yep, it was the new motor for my Green vibrator, now to unscramble the old one and mate the new motor! HOORAY for Green (RCBS, not the Green party!)