RCBS lock out die - work with LNL?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by stev32k, Dec 3, 2012.

1. stev32k

stev32k Well-Known Member

Like the title says I'm wondering if the RCBS lock out die works with the Hornady LNL AP press. I've had one squib load and don't want another. I have the Hornady powder cop, but it does not lock the press on over or under charge.

I try to remember to look at the powder cop with every stroke, but sometimes miss one and with my luck that will the be one with no powder. If the RCBS die will lock up the press on over or under charge that would be great.

P.S. Can someone explain how it actually locks up the press? I've looked at a couple of videos and it is not clear to me how this works.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  2. Waldog

Waldog Member

RCBS lockout die works well on the LNL. I have LNL and have used both the powder cop and lockout die. I use the Lockout die the most. I have never had a squib with the Powder Cop Die. But, I look INTO each and every pistol case as I load.
  3. 312shooter

312shooter Active Member

Yep, that powder cop is just about worthless, your eye should be on the case that recieved the charge, the powder cop draws your attention completly away from the important zone. The Lockout die is a GREAT design.
  4. noylj

noylj Member

Lock-Out die works great on L-N-L or Dillon 1050 or another progressive press.
    My only "complaint" is that it is too sensitive and locks-up with cases of different case capacity--so I don't tighten it down and when it locks-up, I look at and make small adjustment so it unlocks then I check the powder charge. So far, with anything less than 1/2 turn, the charge has been right on.