RCBS new powder dispenser question

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by billr, Apr 6, 2005.

1. billr

billr New Member

I bought the new RCBS powder dispenser and scale and love it but!! I have encounterd a problem after throwing a couple of hundred 26 grain loads it threw a single 31 grain load then went back to 26 grains again , with out any more trouble. using a ball powder.
    does any one have any ideas
    Thanks Bill
  2. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Ya gots ta hold 'cher mouf jes' right....
  3. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Yea! Send it back to RCBS right now! Will it ever do it again? Who knows. If it does, it will be when you are not looking. You want to shoot the round that gets the overload? This is truly very dangerous!!!

This is the electronic measurer that includes a scale that shuts of the powder delivery? If so, I would suggest that a mechanical means is the only truly reliable way to deliver powder. Rarely does the powder measuring chamber change volume. If you keep the mechanical measure clean and dry, it will always deliver the corrrect load, at least within a half grain. A five grain mistake can be deadly! And if RCBS says yours can not be made to do it again, don't believe them. Insist on a new one, at least, or go for a regular mechanical one.

LDBennett
  4. billr

billr New Member

Thanks
    I am asking for a refund I feel the same way , you renforced my feelings thank you Bill