1. Juststartingout

Juststartingout New Member

This is the reloading press my dad had in the 70's. Any pro's and con's about it? Will other reloading dies fit this? The LEE (red box) .30-30 die seems like you dont need a press. Would this be used in the field?

Attached Files:

2. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That is a hell stout press. It will last 3 life times and it will always be under warranty. Any reloading dies will fit it. It's a keeper, plus it was your dads so there is sentimental value for you. Nice stuff their.
  3. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

:thumbsup: What Highboy said that is good stuff. I am still using the same stuff after 35+ years. Now that Lee thing I don't know any thing about. You will have to ask LD about that.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  4. Juststartingout

Thanx Highboy. It has not seen the light of day in 30 years. I plan on getting this set up because I have seen the prices of ammo here and I think I can save alot of money.
  5. Juststartingout

Love the set up Todd51. I have not found the powder stand like you have in the pic. Will it fit in the press or do I need to get a stand if I cant find it?
  6. Juststartingout

I have the scale and a lyman case trimmer. I have a .38 special and a .357 die and dont know why as I dont have any of these caliber guns. Will they work with other calibers?
  7. 76Highboy

No, they are caliber specific.
  8. Juststartingout

Thanx Highboy. I guess I will just have to buy more Ruger guns!!
  9. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

The nice thing about the Rock Chucker is you take out that black bushing nut on top and you can put in the Hornady LNL die bushings then it is even quicker and easier to change out dies.
  10. Juststartingout

Will the Hornady LNL work with the rcbs dies? I dont want to buy more dies.
  11. todd51

Most all the standard dies from Lee, Hornady, Lyman, RCBS, and others use a 7'8"-14 thread and will interchange between different mfgs.

That powder stand is still available from RCBS.
  12. todd51

The powder measure has the same 7/8"-14 thread and will fit the press. You can use a little ingenuity and build your own stand and save some $$$
  13. henry77

henry77 New Member

I still use a RockChucker from the late 1960's. Some of the green paint is gone, but it still works great. Most of my equipment is from the late 60's and early 70's. Not planning on retiring any of it.
  14. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

Have you guys heard? Ruger has stopped accepting orders because they are so far behind. I think we're getting ready to go through the second wave of gun and ammo shortages thanks to fears over the Bozo in Chief.
  15. 76Highboy

Now in my opinion, that's sheer wisdom naturally.:)