RCBS Swager Issues

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Hugh357, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Hugh357

Hugh357 Member

Recently picked up a RCBS Swager for my Rock River 223 since I buy Lake City Ammo. I installed the swager 223 plug inside the swager body and made sure it was good and tight and then mounted the swager assembly on my old RCBS C press. I then installed the stud and stripper on the ram and was getting ready to adjust the swager plug for the proper removal of the crimp. I went to slide the first piece of brass on the plug before running the press to the top of the stroke. I could not even get the brass inside on the swager plug in order that I could run the ram to the stop stroke to start the swaging process. Tried other brass and encountered the same issue. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong?
  2. Hugh357

Hugh357 Member

Found the issue why the swager plug will not go into the 223 brass. It was incorrectly milled at the RCBS factory. I bought a new RCBS Swager and the 223 plug in the new one works just fine. I will get a hold of RCBS and bring the issue to their attention.
    RCBS comes with2 plugs in the kits. One for 30-06 and one for 223. The question that might pop into your mind is this guy trying to get a 30.06 plug into a 223. Nope. The 223 was just milled wrong.
  3. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

RCBS has a great customer service policy. Contact them to see what they will do about it.

And a warm welcome to the forum.