Re: Walther P22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by sub-moa, Sep 21, 2012.

1. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I need some better mags, mine like to spew rounds out the top about every few rounds or so, instead of feeding properly. good to know, thanks for the info!
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

did u pull the trigger:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
  3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

seriously do u think it is the mags?
  4. 1917-1911M

1917-1911M New Member

If aa1911 has those short slot mags that is exactly one of the problems they cause. A live round will slip out of the magazine and fly out of the pistol while the breech block picks up the next round and shoves it home. This happens faster than you can observe when firing. You know you have 10 rounds in the mag and only fire 7 when the empty pistol locks open. Magazines are as important to a semi auto as any other part of the firearm. Long slot A and B mags work fine as do the new ones that no longer have the A or B suffix letter. M1911
  5. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

After reading all the posts on this thread I decided to check mine, although I have had no issues with it. I found that the barrel nut was and the frame screw on the right side of reciever was also loose. I cant find the second frame screw. Thanks 1917 for the insight! Learn something everyday.
  6. 1917-1911M

1917-1911M New Member

You can give S&W a call at the 800 number, punch in 3 for customer service and ask for new parts. They are free and especially if you are having PROBLEMS with a part.....like it vibrated out of the pistol. M1911
  7. b1pig

b1pig New Member

I have to say that this has been a VERY informative thread. I've had my P22 for a couple of years now, and it shoots very nicely. I have a coworker that may still have his... and it had some feed issues. I will have to have a chat with him about that and see if I can help him out. I've been very happy with mine.
  8. YankeeTactical.com

YankeeTactical.com Former Guest

I purchased the Walther P22 to begin teaching my son the pistol. We loved the styling and the feel. It has been easy for him to hold, but we have noticed how the brass will fly in different directions.

There doesn't seem to be a pattern to it and it is definitiely related to how tight your grip is.

Just wondering if anyone has a solution for the brass smacking you in the forehead?

YankeeTactical.com
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

a tighter grip make em fly higher and away ??
  10. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

Yep buy a Ruger mkiii. OR wear a helmet.
  11. 1917-1911M

1917-1911M New Member

Check the Sticky Jack put up there regarding the history of correcting ejection direction. The extractor plays a huge part. Since Walther has not chosen to further enclose the rim on the breech face that is the only thing I've been able to come up with to correct the issue. VQ sells improved extractors and Walther finally revised theirs.

Now I did put up some really good threads with pictures explaining the internal function of fire control components and a thread with pictures on what to do about no DA, SA only.. Jack must have been sleeping on those. They are back a few pages somewhere. They explain exactly what each internal part does, how the P22 fire control components work, how the hammer is released in DA vs SA release. If you are solving issues....the first thing you need the know is how stuff works.

When I was down under....all that blood running to my head made me a little dizzy.....that and not allowing the womenz in the pup. :) M1911
  12. Falcon5

Falcon5 New Member

I had a P22 last year, that had consistent FTF problems, with 6 different brands of ammo. I sent it back to S&W five times - they found a couple of things to repair (didn't tell me what) the first two returns. After that, they returned it with no problems found, but the FTF's just continued. No recourse, so I traded it to a guy (fully informed him of its history). I haven't heard from him how it worked out.
  13. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Embarrassed to say it was USER ERROR.........LOL