READ IT AND THEN DECIDE FOR YOURSELF...

Discussion in 'The Beau Coupe Dien Cai Dau Hootch' started by rooter, Sep 28, 2010.

1. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    Yep, I married a girl from a "worthy" such Quaker family. Yes, I'm impressed by the tolerance of such peaceful and non-combatant folks. They are +/- like Buddhists or Unitarians. BULLSHIT! My wife's father was A USN Captain. He was a GDSOB Hero!
    See, there once were, "Fighting, Smoking, Cussing,Chewing Quakers."
    The rest - I can't stand their haughty pacifist stuff sometimes and get into deep **** when, after a few drinks, the peaceful types get strict with me.
    OK! It's time now ... to "kiss my ass," you hypocrites, who never fought for our country, never loved Jesus and your feverish feet stink, and you hated us Irish and Scots and Italians and Poles. But you love Black folks because it's socially stylish - for the moment. Don't you ever pass yourselves off as "Humanitarians." Stinking, may-be-wealthy for the last 200 hundred years assholes! Wow, can I spoil a dinner party?!!
    Do you know that the "Society of Friends" no longer believes that the "Society" was founded on Christian principals? The new BOOK they have promulgated is "all accepting." No God, No Christ, etc. Atheists are now "worthy" Quakers in too many Meeting Houses. Why don't they just become "Unitarians?" The sermons and debates in those Temples are more thoughtful than in Quaker Meetings. Alternately it would be more honest to have Atheist meetings for the worship of the great "WHAT?"
    Heck, Unitarians haven't the stuff to even do that.
    No, sorry, but I've met some real Quakers who were Christians and are now turning over in their graves, probably causing some recent tremblores.
    Many unobservant American Jews have become Quakers to abscond from the their heritage or take it with them to Quakerdome. Blacks have also done likewise to avoid the African-Baptist-Episcopal-Methodist soup their folks created in the 19th century. Visit Friends Central at 15th & Arch - once and just do a walk-through to see the business offices where only two in twelve are not wearing yarmulkes, and where the money is counted, invested, re-invested and someone's making a fortune from the leavings of the estates of very old Philadelphia Quakers.
    SORRY. I just get really pissed sometimes.
  2. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

The QUakers seem to have wandered far from their roots. Not founded in Christian principles? Oh well, the age of "social justice" is upon us.

It sounds like your father in law is cut from the same cloth as General Nathaniel Greene. His family should be proud.
  3. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    Greetings, Flintlock...When I posted this msg from my old friend I should have clarified that it was not I....Actually Mac was a Vietnam Era Seabee that cut a whole lot of time with the Marines at Khe Sanh during TET 68. After his service, he went to school and become and engineer...Later a Professor of some renoun at the University of Maryland...Chief