ready for snow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wv hillbilly, Sep 19, 2012.

1. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Active Member

kinda cool here this morning 38*
  2. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

tonight I may drag both of my snow blowers out of the tree line and get them prepped. I have an old Toro s200 and a Toro 2 stage my dad bought for me in '84. the S200 works great for 2" or so while the other with the new engine takes care of the rest
  3. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I dont much like the thought of snow and all that comes with it...ie., power outages and etc., but we here, need a good cold, hard winter with alot of snow.
    The insects here, are out of control! I've been out putting up and looking for good places to set up tree stands for the soon, up-coming bow season and have been bit, stung and welts all over my body (assuming fleas as to the ground being so dry?)
    But we need it and we need it bad.
    Last winter was like spring time "about" all winter with pesty flying insects doing thier thing most of what, was supposed to be winter time!
    Bring it on, we need it here.
  4. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

The experts are predicting another mild dry winter here in Ohio much like last year. Hurray!!!
  5. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Plus one Dale on needing the cold. Talked to my cousin this week as he is visiting the old home areas down in KY and was out stomping around and got hit by "Turkey Mites". He had never heard of them before and in his youth he was a big hunter. He said they were worse than chiggers and their bite reminded him of a fire ant bite.
  6. Zane71464

:banghead::rant::thud: I was wondering about the long range forecast, but have'nt taken the time to look into it. I hate to hear this!

I have to say Todd, I've never heard of that around here. But I'd bet that's what the heck "these" things are!
    I appreciate your input on this, for I had no clue what was biteing me and bet thats just what it is.
    Right now (after being out yesterday), I'm covered to my waist in "bites"!
    (I'll have to look the Turkey Mites up on line, and read into just what they are/do)
    I know what they are, just never heard of them being on humans...
    VERY interesting!;)
  7. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Active Member

My idea of "Ready For Snow" is pictures on TV while I'm sitting in a lounge chair, in the
    shadow of a palm tree .
  8. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Turkey mites are actually ticks in larvae form (juvenile ticks). I don't think there is much you can do other than wash with soap and water. You would probably want to wash all the cloths and bedding you have come in contact with as well.
  9. mogunner

mogunner Active Member

Engine just let loose in the Jeep, the snow can wait a bit yet till I figger out how much it's gonna cost to fix.
  10. Zane71464

So I've just read.....darn!
    I just got off the phone with a few buddies that has them too, and I was asking if a person would have to wash all the clothing, bedsheets and etc., reckon so! (just washed all my bedding the day before :thud:)