REAL BLACK POWDER

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by JLA, Apr 2, 2009.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Where the heck do they hide this stuff??? I cant find a single supplier in my area that stocks it... any ideas???:confused:
  2. 94z07

94z07 New Member

3. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

www.blackpowderva.com
    Much safer than blending your own! :)

(I have no $$ interest in this company, however I have purchased product from this supplier when at the N-SSA Range, next door.)
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  4. he-bear

he-bear New Member

5. quegbeau

quegbeau New Member

guy's you can buy powder from dixie gun works,track of the wolf,coonies explosivie's out of new mexico.and you can get it from crazy row,upper missouri trading post.com,it's everywhere.
    quegbeau
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

thanks fellas, I am just getting into BPCR and cap n ball pistols, im certain im gonna have alot more questions;)
  7. Monkey Hollow

Monkey Hollow New Member

I was looking for a particular brand of black powder and couldn't find any black powder at all around here. Went to local Cabela's and a ton of shops. I called Buffalo Arms and they were very helpful. One thing, most all places have a minimum order to ship - most are 25 pounds. Buffalo Arms has a 5 pound reqiurement, and then there is the usual HazMat fee in addition to shipping fee. Buffaloarms.com or ( 208 ) 263 - 6953 They also have a very nice catalog that they sent along with my order.
  8. sewerman

sewerman New Member

anyone actually purchased the raw chemicals and mixed then?

what were the problems encountered?

i might take a stab at doing it but living in florida where the humidity is high i would think keeping the charcoal from absorbing the moisture could be a problem.

don't the powder compaines add an anti-caking chemical to the commercial powders?

i wonder if a small amount of silica would help?

sewerman
  9. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I have been hoarding about 15lbs of FFF for a while now. I like it a lot better than FFG but I cant seem to find it no more.