The Firearms Forum banner

Real Homemade Apple/Blueberry Pie

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  gunguy25 
#1 ·
I had the opportunity to be blessed with a big box of Yellow and Golden Delicious apples about two weeks ago. They were freshly picked with no wax on them. The smell off of the apples was incredible. The guy that owns the apple warehouse took me into the refrigerated storage facility and it was like walking into a strong bottle of apple fragrance. The smell was to overpowering from the millions of apples that the sides of my throat had the taste of apple after walking out. It was incredible.

My wife has been baking pies. This one had fresh orchard apples and huge Blueberries with plenty of cinnamon. These pies are over the top delicious.

Eat your heart out JLA.:D

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Killin' me here..... that looks so good.

#6 ·
I had the opportunity to be blessed with a big box of Yellow and Golden Delicious apples about two weeks ago. They were freshly picked with no wax on them. The smell off of the apples was incredible. The guy that owns the apple warehouse took me into the refrigerated storage facility and it was like walking into a strong bottle of apple fragrance. The smell was to overpowering from the millions of apples that the sides of my throat had the taste of apple after walking out. It was incredible.

My wife has been baking pies. This one had fresh orchard apples and huge Blueberries with plenty of cinnamon. These pies are over the top delicious.

Eat your heart out JLA.:D
Oh the wife NJ would like that! She's an apple and berry fan. I really like the traditional "Grandma's Apple Pie".....but have been known to eat anything that won't eat me first. :D

#13 ·
Looks good!

#14 · (Edited)
I was waiting for you to jump on this thread. How you been mjp?
Oh I missed your post, we're doing OK. NJ has to work S-T-W-Th Thanksgiving this week and getting her car serviced Friday so were having Turkey Day on Saturday.

Eh, done it before, the hospital is a 24/7, 365 job.....and I may have a Turkey TV dinner to have Thursday while watching football!

BUT she starts 11 day vacation Friday, woo-hoo a 16# bird for Turkeypalooza Week. :D

......and she's making Turkey soup to finish it off! :)

#15 ·
Oh I missed your post, we're doing OK. NJ has to work S-T-W-Th Thanksgiving this week and getting her car serviced Friday so were having Turkey Day on Saturday.

Eh, done it before, the hospital is a 24/7, 365 job.....and I may have a Turkey TV dinner to have Thursday while watching football!

BUT she starts 11 day vacation Friday, woo-hoo a 16# bird for Turkeypalooza Week. :D

......and she's making Turkey soup to finish it off! :)
Sounds like you will be nice and full. She sounds like a hard worker. What games will you be watching on Thanksgiving?

#16 ·
I feel like such a simpleton for posting this, but I was like a kid in a candy shop. I've been left to my own devices while DW is at the daughter's house for the week helping with the grandkids, so I treated myself tonight to TWO goose liver sammies on homemade honey whole wheat with mayo, onions & provolone cheese. I'm in heaven... Please don't think poorly of this simpleton.

#17 · (Edited)
Sounds like you will be nice and full. She sounds like a hard worker. What games will you be watching on Thanksgiving?
All of them. :D

Well NJ's been at the hospital since she was 19, over 35 years now even though she's part time now, 3 or 4 days a week she gets plenty of weekends and holidays.

HOU @ DET, well Detroit is better than the old Tday bums.
WASH @ DAL, will Romo come through?
NE @ NYJ, Jets have been awful.

The only NCAA game, TCU @ TEX, not exactly a marqee matchup.

Now there's a ton of Friday NCAA games and more Saturday.

.....and I'll find something to eat! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.