1. juan23c

juan23c New Member

so i came across a gun engraved hawes firearm co- los angelas- cali. otherside 44 caliber army model made in italy. it has the naval ships and it says engaged 16 may 1843. need info because im not a gun knowlegable. and some value info if possible
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

It's a real gun, but no antique by a long shot. The engraving may have been done after it was sold. Really need some pics and more info to help you out though. The 1843 date may have been put there to commemorate the date, but the gun itself it 100% NOT from that age.

As far as value from the info you've provided, I'd say between 150-200, but that's a SWAG at best.