Reasonable used Sig P226 price?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by WilliamCombs, Dec 20, 2009.

1. WilliamCombs

WilliamCombs New Member

I have a friend who is looking to get rid of his P226. He asked me what I would be looking to spend to get it. He keeps his guns in good shape. What would be a good starting price to offer him? Of course, I haven't looked at the pistol or anything yet so this is early. Just wanted some thoughts about what a good starting price would be to begin the discussion. Thanks.
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

kinda hard to tell without some more info and possibly pics. caliber,sights,rails and extra mags?

to give you a ballpark based on a P226 in good condition as the only reference, I'd say $450-$475.
  3. WilliamCombs

WilliamCombs New Member

Yeah, I haven't received a ton of info yet. I'm going to figure that stuff out.

Thanks for moving the thread to the proper area. I'm new so I didn't know.
  4. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

What is the retail price new down there .Used ones up here go about 650.00
  5. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn New Member

Here are a few sites to consult.....

Budsgunshop.com and *********.com

I don't understand why this is ***'d out. Mods? Any suggestions? If it is not allowed, I am not going to try to fool the program and run into trouble. By the number of letters, you should know what it is. Thanks.

Happy hunting....and good choice.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2009