Rebel Gun Refinishing is apparently out of business

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by passinthru1234, Mar 11, 2010.

1. passinthru1234

passinthru1234 New Member

Don't know if any of you are familiar with Rebel Gun Refinishing service in Wildwood, FL but I have sent them quite a few long guns and pistols in the past 35 or so years and been quite pleased with the result. Sent them a rifle belonging to my father-in-law by UPS and they brought it back saying business had moved. I found the new address and sent it again but again returned saying out of business. I couldn't believe that Rebel Gun Refinishing wouldn't post this info on their website. I would have to let my past customers avoid wasting money as I have done. I just wanted you all to know that they were out of business now!!! :mad:
  2. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Well thats new to me, I will be shure to let Ugly Sr. know.
  3. okchunts

okchunts New Member

I have an old 16 ga that was my great grandfathers and it needs reblueing. Rebel was the place I was told to go to. Is there another place out there that I can trust to do a good job and to trust my gun with?

Thanks, Bill
  4. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

No answer on their phone line either... :confused::confused::confused: Wonder what happened?
  5. mwkelly

mwkelly New Member

Maybe this is why.....

Bummer. They did very nice work. Prices were reasonable too. Oh well...

--Three Charged With Illegally Transporting and Storing Hazardous Waste--

WILDWOOD � Officials with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection�s Division of Law Enforcement announced the arrest of three men charged with four felony counts of environmental crimes. Charles D. Destin, age 32, Robert Tennison, age 35, and Kenneth Samaniego, age 40, are co-owners of Rebel Gun Refinishing in Wildwood.

"In Florida, if you endanger life or property with hazardous substances, it is a crime," said DEP Secretary David Struhs. "Environmental crimes are not victimless crimes."

The case against the three is largely attributable to an anonymous complaint alleging that Rebel Gun Refinishing employees transported drums containing hazardous waste to one of their private residences. One drum was reportedly leaking. The allegation was confirmed when DEP investigators found drums of hazardous waste stored in an old house trailer at Destin�s home in Dunnellon. Tests performed on the contents of the drums identified the presence of cadmium, chromium and lead, which are classified as hazardous waste.

"Anonymous tips from concerned citizens are often used by law enforcement to identify and solve all types of criminal cases," said Division of Law Enforcement Director Tom Tramel. "In this case, our Special Agents were able to act on the information provided and avert the potential danger posed to the environment and residents living within the community.

Anyone who witnesses an environmental crime is encouraged to call DEP�s Bureau of Environmental Investigations, 1-850-488-5757, the State Warning Point hotline, 1-800-320-0519, or your local law enforcement agency.
  6. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Nice detective work, mwkelly.

Also, welcome to TFF.