Receivers for sale?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

GeoNLR
    (4/10/02 3:26:41 pm)
    Reply Receivers for sale?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Has anyone had any luck locating just receivers only for sale? The only ones I have seen are the same price as the gun new. I was debating placing an add in the local paper. Just seems a shame to buy a gun, take the skock, barel, and half dozen internal parts off of it. Just wanted some input.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/10/02 4:36:22 pm)
    Reply Re: Receivers for sale?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yep, in steel and stainless.....start around $250.00, but no bolt. Ruger`s aluminum receivers (Black or Sliver "it ain`t stainless") are the gun. I suggest buying a new complete rifle, then selling the parts off to recoup some of the cost. You will not come out ahead just buying the receiver. LTS
    T.F.F.

Steel Shooter01
    (4/16/02 6:15:53 am)
    You can pick up new receivers from Brownells, but as Liktoshoot has pointed out they are pricey. However if I were going to build myself a tack driver I'd pick up a stainlessVolquartsen receiver with a machined in scope mount and go from there.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/16/02 8:16:29 am)
    SS01 Boo-La, Boo-la.....Welcome! You wouldn`t happen to be a Steel Challenge shooter, would you??? LTS
    T.F.F.