1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Receivers for sale?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

GeoNLR
    (4/10/02 3:26:41 pm)
    Reply Receivers for sale?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Has anyone had any luck locating just receivers only for sale? The only ones I have seen are the same price as the gun new. I was debating placing an add in the local paper. Just seems a shame to buy a gun, take the skock, barel, and half dozen internal parts off of it. Just wanted some input.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/10/02 4:36:22 pm)
    Reply Re: Receivers for sale?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yep, in steel and stainless.....start around $250.00, but no bolt. Ruger`s aluminum receivers (Black or Sliver "it ain`t stainless") are the gun. I suggest buying a new complete rifle, then selling the parts off to recoup some of the cost. You will not come out ahead just buying the receiver. LTS
    T.F.F.

Steel Shooter01
    (4/16/02 6:15:53 am)
    You can pick up new receivers from Brownells, but as Liktoshoot has pointed out they are pricey. However if I were going to build myself a tack driver I'd pick up a stainlessVolquartsen receiver with a machined in scope mount and go from there.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/16/02 8:16:29 am)
    SS01 Boo-La, Boo-la.....Welcome! You wouldn`t happen to be a Steel Challenge shooter, would you??? LTS
    T.F.F.