Reciprocity Law

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by indygun, Nov 17, 2011.

1. indygun

indygun New Member

Has anyone noticed that today (11/17/11) the House of Representatives passed the National Right to Carry Reciprocity law (or whatever it it called). Do we all understand that this law will ultimately (and soon) give the government the authority to create a list of ALL people who have a concealed carry permit, and oh by the way, a list of all the guns they have. Boy do the gun-banners have reason to celebrate tonight.
    - Anyone got any suggestions on where gun owners can go?? lt looks like England, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, etc., etc. are not in the running. How about Isreal or Sweden?
    Indygun
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i been sayin this to folks

glad you caught the add on Indy , scarey eh ..
  3. wsas7816

wsas7816 New Member

4. vytoland

vytoland New Member

what big brother dont know is good for everyone
  5. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Section 3 has me a little worried.

The Comptroller General of The United States will conduct an audit of the laws and number of permits issued or denied on a state by state basis of license's or permits issued to non-residents of each state.

While that sounds innocuous enough, never trust your government with a list. If they aren't supposed to keep copies of 4473's and who's to say the eightyF doesn't, how do you think they would use that information? :eek: :mad: :mad:

Government lists usually don't turn out well for The People.
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

it'll be a bio metric register ..
  7. deadin

deadin Well-Known Member

One of the arguments has been that CCW licenses should be treated just like drivers licenses and be recognized everywhere.
    As far as I can find out this is not a Federal Law, but actually a compact or agreement between the individual States. (Do a search on DL reciprocity)
  8. al45lc

al45lc Active Member

"Where gun owners can go" ?!?!?!? We don't "go" anywhere, when your backed into a corner or boxed into a canyon, you don't "go", you stand and fight.
    THIS IS the last bastion of freedom and true democracy, when what you think may come to be comes to be, you either fight or capitulate.
    There is NO WHERE ELSE to go.
    Throughout history, those who fled repression, extermination and persecution came HERE, so HERE is where we must stand.
    Rant over.
  9. Python

Python Former Guest

:yeahthat:
  10. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I can't speak for other states, but in Florida, you get a permit. It is not linked to any type weapon. I purchased two of mine through gun shops. They're registered to me. Two.

Should it come down to turning in my weapons, two is what I have, if I still have them. And nobody can say otherwise.
  11. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

I'll turn mine in..... red freakin' hot.
  12. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

Think the NRA sold us out?
  13. armoredman

armoredman New Member

I live in AZ. I don't need a permit to carry a firearm, openly or concealed. I have no firearms registered, not required. With paperless face to face transactions recognized as lawful by AZ government, might be hard for Der Fuehrer to make a list from this law.
    I didn't see that in the bill, to register all firearm or make a list of all gun owners, or bio metric identification required. Maybe I missed that? I could certainly see how any legal vehicle in fed.gov can and will be misused, and that CCW permits should be automatically recognized like DLs and marriage licenses.
  14. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Look, when you buy a gun, only the gunshop has record of what gun you bought. There is no national registry that shows what guns you bought, just that you bought one. Now, if you are being investigated, they can find that out easy enough. So what. Are those guns still in your possession? Maybe, maybe not. They do not have the manpower or the resources to keep track of what guns you bought. Now, I was not born yesterday nor do I trust anything they do. I will be keeping track of this just like everyone else.

I think this will be a step in the right direction if I am reading it correctly. Do you want to be able to travel to another state without constantly worrying about does their law line up with your home state law and so on? I dont believe anyone has sold anyone out here. If I am wrong, please explain in detail so I can better understand.
  15. langenc

langenc Member

Just like Obamacare there is all kinds of 'stuff' in there that we dont see. Lautenberg, Kerry, Levin (my guy), Schumer et al see to that.

Remember what Pelosi said "let us get it passed to see what is in there". Applies to guns, also.

Oh, and those that dont need a permit (govt) wont be covered by this legislation. Just leave your guns at home. It is called CONTROL--and not gun.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011