The Firearms Forum banner

Reciprocity states

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  dbltap 
#1 ·
If I get a ccw license here in Missouri and then move to West Virginia would I have to get one in West Virginia because of residency? I know that Mo and WV are Reciprocity states but not sure about the residency part.
I’d rather get the ccw here in Missouri because I know the instructors and the training facility is only about 5 minutes from my house.

#3 ·
What I don't understand is why a state can refuse an other's CCW license. Heck, I don't understand why we have to get a license..we have the 2ND Amendment!
If a state has to accept an other's Driving license, or marriage license (even when the state lets Gays marry...it is valid anywhere) then the CCW should be the same!

#4 ·
With me it would be when I planned to move. If it's soon then I would just get it in WV. WV is a shall issue state so if you are experienced with firearms I wouldn't worry too much about the process. Good luck.

As to recriprocity I would like to see Nationwide recripocity but with this crew don't hold your breath.

#5 ·
Sounds like Arizona is about to recognize an individual's right to carry concealed without a permit. I guess that's the way it should be.

But what about us Arizonans who presently hold permits? If the state stops issuing permits and declares existing permits to be obsolete, how can we expect reciprocity to carry in any other state?

#6 ·
Why would they declare existing permits to be obsolete? And why stop issuing?

Alaska allows carry without a permit, but still issues permits, so people going somewhere besides Alaska can still carry. Makes sense, and generates a little revenue, which is the whole purpose of a license, anyway.

#7 ·
Thanks, I hope that Arizona follows Alaska's model..... The Arizona reform is still in the legislature, and I haven't heard what all the consequences might be.

I know that the AZ state gov't is hurting financially, running billions in the red.... cutting back services, laying off employees, shutting down state parks, etc. I might be jumping to conclusions, but it wouldn't surprise me if they decide to get out of the "CCW business" altogether.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.