reciprocity

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by jms, Feb 26, 2011.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    We are on the same page here. A license/permit to carry is an infringment on our 2nd Amendment rights. A license/permit to purchase certain firearms is an infringment on our 2nd Amendment rights (full autos). It doen't matter if it comes from the State, or the Federal Government. While the State does have the power to regulate, it is the Federal Government's job to not allow States to infring on our rights, all of them. That being said, the Federal Government has never had the right to infring on our rights, and still does not have that power today, except that the States have allowed this illegal power takeover. In other words the Constitution hasn't been changed, the States have just allowed the Fed to do what it wants. Meaning that you have no rights unless the Fed goes around the Constitution, and tells you what you can, and can not, do. This is a bunch of crap. The laws are laid out for us all, and it's time we elected politicians that will stand for our Constitution, and the laws of our land!
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  2. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

As much of a pain the current system is I don't wish to have more power federally. Buried in these bills and amendments is a lot you don't see. Imagine some real or imagined national security threat and then the president suspending all CCL's indefinitely. I suspect Obama would have used the Arizona murders and shootings to do so if he could have. Sort of like drilling off the coast for oil after the BP spill. The last thing we need right now is more power centralized in Washington.
  3. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

umm..going to get flamed i think..i do believe any firearm purchase from a dealer of any firearm should be checked through a national database, i think all states should be required to report any felon to that list and any other person who should not be allowed to purchase a gun..that being said i do feel even that is somewhat infringment on our rights..but better that than the buthole felon infringing on our life..carry of any type should be allowed under our laws as set down by our founding fathers to responsible people. the problem comes about in the cases such as what happened in AZ. there was just no way to tell this guy had went off the deepend..or even when he lost it mentaly till he acted it out.
  4. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

OZO,

Doesn't all of this make you wonder "WHY" ? On one hand, if the Fed has such a reach into our personal lives, why doesn't it "carry over" from one "permit-controlled" activity to another ? BTDTGTTS ! As a long-time mfg rep visiting a lot of DOD sites around the nation I wore hard on a lot of good many friendships using - with permission - their names as references for every "background check" conducted !!

OTOH, if government was truely as efficient as we would wish, it would offer not chance for any of us to "squeak through the cracks"...... >MW
  5. madmantrapper

madmantrapper New Member

Every body with a Social Security Number is already registered.
  6. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

This will allow the Feds to take control over your concealed carry permits. The BATF and the FBI will set up rules under the commerce act. They will require Natl Trng, approve only certain fire arms clips etc. The Fed set standards for your car or truck. They have all sorts of control over you car on any Federal funded highway which is every road these days. They dictate mileage standards for any car you purchase. Don't you think they will dictate how many rounds you mag can hold. Be very careful what you wish for.

RC
  7. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

I'm with the "Old Guy" and not because I'm 62/63! The feds always use this kinda stuff to take more rights away