Recommendations for an old military trainer

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by fordtrucksforever, Nov 17, 2011.

1. fordtrucksforever

fordtrucksforever Member

Been looking into picking up a bolt action 22. Favoring an older trainer rifle. Any suggestions to a particular one and reason for considering it? Prefer a tube magazine or clip fed, not a single shot. Thanks for any suggestions.
  2. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Check out the Romanian M69 if you can find one. 5 or 10 shot shot mag fed. very good guns. They are very well built and accurate. Not the prettiest but very functional and rugged. Usually not to high priced.
  3. fordtrucksforever

fordtrucksforever Member

Thanks, that is the type I am interested in. Prefer something more bulky and looks are not a major issue. Even the overall shape wont need to be much of a factor. I have seen a few similar, but usually barrel was beyond functional or bulged. I had considered a Springfield 1922 trainer variant, but expect those to be in a higher price range now than when I was first interested several years back.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

lots of enfield trainers out there not too big a price tag either ( here anyway)
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

There are some old Polish trainers from the 1950's at Centerfire Systems. They look pretty stout.
  6. fordtrucksforever

fordtrucksforever Member

The Polish rifles are single shot, otherwise they are basically the style I am interested in.

I have several Enfields that were picked up over the years. I found a bunch for $25 each and acquired all I needed. I like it in 303, but not interested in 22lr. Thanks for the suggestions.