The Firearms Forum banner

Red Fish on the Barbee

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  cycloneman 
#1 · (Edited)
2 ways we cook Red Fish on the half shell. First filet your fish and leave the scales on. Cut away the belly and nasty part.

Take the fish and cover with dijon mustard. Take sliced onions, bell pepper and chopped garlic and place on top of the mustard. Place on bbq grill till meat is flaky. Do not over cook. Enjoy

I like it like this. Take fish and squeeze lemon on it. Sprinke Tonys, and garlic salt on it. Place on bbq and again cook till meat is flaky.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Redfish on the grill is certainly excellent fare; been awhile since I've fished for any and I won't buy it at the store, never the same unless you're really close to the source, then it is ok.
Now I'm hungry after looking at that feast!

#5 ·
That looks really good, you had me going on another thread with the boudin! Might have to make a trip to my brothers house in West Lake. He knows all the best places to fish for reds around there. But what I really want is trout!

#6 ·
this is another good thread to bump at this time of the year.

Something i should have mentioned. You dont want to do this with reds over say 22" the meat gets too thick and it takes too long to cook and the skin side will curl on you.

Ideal is 18 to 22" fish for this

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.