Red Fish on the Barbee

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by cycloneman, Sep 28, 2009.

1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

2 ways we cook Red Fish on the half shell. First filet your fish and leave the scales on. Cut away the belly and nasty part.

Take the fish and cover with dijon mustard. Take sliced onions, bell pepper and chopped garlic and place on top of the mustard. Place on bbq grill till meat is flaky. Do not over cook. Enjoy

I like it like this. Take fish and squeeze lemon on it. Sprinke Tonys, and garlic salt on it. Place on bbq and again cook till meat is flaky.

Attached Files:

• 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      38 KB
      Views:
    • 016.jpg
      016.jpg
      File size:
      72.7 KB
      Views:
    • 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      56.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  2. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    YUUUMMMMM.
    Been 35 yrs. since i've been in your part of the country.
    One of the two things i miss.:)
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Redfish on the grill is certainly excellent fare; been awhile since I've fished for any and I won't buy it at the store, never the same unless you're really close to the source, then it is ok.
    Now I'm hungry after looking at that feast!
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

man o man o man redfish season is here
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    That looks really good, you had me going on another thread with the boudin! Might have to make a trip to my brothers house in West Lake. He knows all the best places to fish for reds around there. But what I really want is trout!