The Firearms Forum banner

Red Jacket Muzzleloading's Christian Springs Rifle

8K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  raven818 
#1 ·
I had an opportunity to shoot a beautiful custom flintlock longrifle from Red Jacket Muzzleloading in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. This rifle is made in the Christian Springs school of gun making, so it is an early, 1750 to 1770 style rifle. The 38-inch, .58 caliber, swamped rifle barrel is very accurate and the entire rifle balances beautifully. I thought I'd give you a little taste of how it does at the range in this video.

And here are a few pictures for eye candy:

See less See more
1 6
#2 ·
Roy is a few octaves higher now. Great video as always, thanks for sharing.

#5 ·
Red Jacket Firearms, which is the company featured on the "Sons of Guns" TV show, and Red Jacket Muzzleloading are separate companies, with separate facilities, even though Will Hayden owns them both.

Will has been building flintlock rifles and fusils professionally for 20 years, and it is his main interest. He is very big into 18th century living history.

About three years ago he decided to launch Red Jacket Muzzleloading as a business. It is where Will does most of the actual work, though he has a small team of guys, two full time and three part time, who assist him.

Will personally does all the critical inletting and wood carving on each RJM gun. He is very good with a set of chisels.

#6 ·
Next to the earlier Jaeger's the Christian Springs rifles are among my 3 favorites. The Jaeger, Christian Springs...and I'd hate to have to choose between the two.... and Bedford County. That is one gorgeous rifle and very well done to period. Good to see a proper caliber in a Christian Springs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.