Red necks

Discussion in 'The Pump House Saloon' started by goofy, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Sig Willy

Sig Willy Member

Us whites can take the ribbing but the others? They get bent out of shape.
  2. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

They don't call me Johnny redneck for nothing.
  3. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

There is one more group you can make fun of and get away with it. That would be guys like me that are bald. It seems to work for the ones that know me. :D Nursing home joke are funny. Oh, and one more category that is funny to joke about is pathetic losers like Hillary. :D
  4. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    You can't really offend a red neck by telling a joke about them
  5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Well, actually, yes you can. I've been offended by several "jokes" about rednecks, about whites or about Southerners.

Mostly I ignore it, because I "consider the source". But, just because I don't weep and wail and sling snot, does not mean I did not find it offensive.

Your comment, for example, I found offensive, because it implies that rednecks are too stupid to take offense at anything.
  6. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

Don't forget to wash them down with beer and hard boiled eggs! LOL
  7. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

So do I, brother.
  8. steve666

steve666 New Member

I'm not a redneck or anything else, other than someone with a wicked/evil sense of humor, therefore I make fun of everybody. There are two ways to say this, the polite way... If you can't take a joke then you are one; and the vulgar way... F you if you can't take a joke.
  9. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    That should be pickled eggs. They give you the most ammo per oz.!
  10. lilmule

lilmule New Member

The term redneck came from Mingo county W.Va.,miners on strike wore red kerchiefs to tell them apart from the mine owners hired guns.
    And one of the reasons why the army can no longer function on us soil is their machine gunning of women and children while assisting the mine owners.
    Rather loosely applied now days.
    While I moved later in life born n bred in west by god virginia.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  11. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I've always heard it said that the term came into being in the oilfields of West Texas. It seems that the white man's neck turned red while working in the heat!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck Redneck is a derogatory slang term used in reference to poor, uneducated white farmers, especially from the southern United States. It is similar in meaning to cracker (especially regarding Georgia and Florida), hillbilly (especially regarding Appalachia and the Ozarks), and white trash (but without the last term's suggestions of immorality).

In recent decades, the term has expanded its meaning to refer to bigoted, loutish reactionaries who are opposed to modern ways, and has often been used to attack Southern conservatives and racists. At the same time, some Southern whites have reclaimed the word, using it with pride and defiance as a self-identifier.

The term characterized farmers having a red neck caused by sunburn from hours working in the fields. A citation from 1893 provides a definition as "poorer inhabitants of the rural districts...men who work in the field, as a matter of course, generally have their skin stained red and burnt by the sun, and especially is this true of the back of their necks".
  12. oldfartrr

oldfartrr Active Member

sounds like u fit the mold for a redneck !! but even i u aint, i agree with your statement.
    and i was born n bred REDNECK,, also get accused of being a terrorist in training cause i got to many weapons in my house, shed, car, and even on the bike, (just believe in being ready 4 whatever) like dirty harry said "go ahead make my day"
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012