Redfield Revolution scope model 6708

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Jackman, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Jackman

Jackman New Member

Redfield Revolution scope model 6708 advertised locally asking 95 dollars any thoughts is this a decent scope for a 10/22?
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  2. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

They are decent scopes and will work nicely. If a 2-7 power scope is what you want, then go for it.

IMO, the more important question is: "Is this the scope you want?". or are you just buying it because it is inexpensive?

If that is what you want and you will be happy with it, then by all means, go for it. If it's not what you want and in 3 months you decide to buy a better scope, then you you wasted $95.

Buy once, cry once. Buy twice cry twice.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  3. CHW2021

CHW2021 Member

Yes, that is a quite decent scope, it should be acceptable to your 10-22. The magnification will work for squirrels ect.... but will probably not make the best target scope. For the price you can't go to far wrong; if you don't like it you should have no trouble reselling it for most of your investment.

I hate to say I have spent more for worse scopes.
  4. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 Member

+1 to CHW & rcairflr... I splurged on an expensive leupold scope for my 10/22 and have no complaints. i gave my nephew an elcheapo, that i got for under $30 online as a backup, for his 10/22. the elcheapo works just as well as my expensive model. I'm happy & he is happy.

My additional $.02 is if the redfield is not what you ultimately want, do what RCAIRFLR suggested and save up for the model that you do want.

Now, if you want something to use now, and then plan on replacing it later, AND can afford this, get a TASCO 3-7 or equal at your local walmart (Under $30) to get the rifle to the range while you save up for the better/ ultimate model.

Good Luck

Curlyjoe
  5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Nikon has a 3x9 .22Nikorplex BDC scope for about $150. I bought the straight 4x for squirrel hunting on my .22 ATD. The optics are awesome! Clearest scope I have and some cost a bunch more.

The Redfield revolutions are made by Leupold, and they are also good. The Redfields normally sell for about $150, so that would appear to be a good deal, or something is wrong, and it is too good to be true. df
  6. Inthewind1976

Inthewind1976 Member

I think you cant go wrong with the new Leupold-built Redfields, and the price NEW is a bargain, so $95 is an even BIGGER bargain. I wouldnt hesitate if it was me. And I wouldnt hesitate mounting one on an 8mm Remington Mag, so your 22 should be a perfect platform.