Redfield Revolution?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chick, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Chick

Chick New Member

Has anyone bought one of these new scopes, and if so, have you had any problems with it?
  2. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

I had the 4-12x power. It was a good enough scope but I sold it because I wanted more power and better optics for target shooting. The guy I sold it to was very happy to get it at used price.
  3. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

Bought one in 1963, it's solid and sharp today as it was when purchased. :D
  4. armoredman

armoredman New Member

I am trying to get the 2-7 Redfield Revolution from MidwayUSA, availability of scope and funds haven't coincided yet. It looks perfect for my CZ 527M carbine.
    I hear Leupold bought the company and that Redfield is very well made today, good value for the money. When I get mine I'll post about it here.
  5. Chick

Chick New Member

Thanks! Anymore replies? Leupold does own Redfield now.
  6. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I have a 5 STAR on the old Rem 788 and it's one of the better scopes Ive owned. (older scope)
  7. Inthewind1976

Inthewind1976 Member

Redfield Revolution scopes are excellent scopes, and are built by Leupold, who owns the Redfield name now. You cant go wrong with one - they are probably "worth" twice what they cost, retail. Enjoy!
  8. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

I've owned one so I think I am qualified to give an opinion on this.

I respectfully disagree that they are worth twice what they cost. IMO, they are a good basic scope that are reasonably priced and have an excellent warranty. When I compared my 4-12x Redfield Revolution ($219) to my Weaver 4-16 w/AO ($309), the Weaver which cost about 40% more is a far superior scope. So to say it is worth twice what you pay for them is a stretch, if they were worth twice as much, Leopold would be charging you twice as much.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

The redfield revs are great scopes. Leupold has done the name proud. i have had 2 4-12X50s which i traded for a nikon and i have 1 2-7X33 on my .44 mag carbine. Get the accu plex reticle. Its worth the extra 20 bucks.
  10. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

I purchased the new, Redfield Accu-Range, 3-9x40 when they first became available. I just finished my second deer season with it and couldn't be happier. It's everything they claim it is. My hunting buddy switched from his Nikon Prostaff to the new Redfield after he tried out mine. I see they have jumped in price though. I bought mine for, $169.00 from Cabela's. They are now, $209.99. But still a great buy. Hope this helps.
  11. Chick

Chick New Member

I bought a 4x12x40. It was bad out of the box, and after repairs, when i mounted on a different rifle with different mounts, it was the same as when I shipped it in.I am trying to find out if it is an isolated problem, before i buy another.
  12. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

What sort of issue's was you having with it?
    (my older 5 Star is 4-12X40)