Redfield scopes

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by hunterfisher, Mar 8, 2010.

1. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

Not sure if this is the right place for this but; Have any of you fellers tried buying one of the new, Redfield Revolution scopes? All the mail order sites, Cabela's, Mid-Way, Optics Planet, etc, etc. are advertiseing them, but no one has them yet. Cabela's was supposed to get them in on, Feb. 3rd. but they never arrived. There are a few available but the one everybody wants seems to be the, 3-9x40 Accu-Range.
    Kenny
  2. wpage

wpage Active Member

A guy in my club raves about Redfield. He had one and droped his gun from his tree stand... Redfield replaced it no questions asked.
  3. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

The first scope I ever bought was a Redfield Widefield that I bought in the early 70's. Several years ago I put it on a 12 ga for use with slugs and it wasn't built for that and the scope blurred on the internals. I sent it back to Redfield and they repaired it and sent it back without charge. I bought a shotgun scope and used that one on a rifle.

I can't speak to the new scopes but the company did stand behind the old ones.
  4. dianalv

dianalv New Member

I think they are conjoined with Leupold now. My new order catalogue from Leupold has Redfield scopes in it.
  5. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

dianalv is correct Leupold bought the rights to the Redfield name, and produces these scopes. They are supposed to be at a lower price point than the Leupold scopes, and they have a lower profit margin that Leupold hopes to offset with volume of sales. Should be good scopes.

Regards, Kirk
  6. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Correct, on the Leupold purchase of Redfield.

A good friend of mine just left my house to go sight in a rifle on which he just mounted one of the new Revolution 3-9x40 Accu-Range scopes.