Redfield Scopes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by reynolds357, Nov 19, 2011.

1. reynolds357

reynolds357 Former Guest

What are your opinions on the new Redfield scopes that are being built by Leupold? I know they are not a Schmidt and Bender, but they seem to be priced very cheaply if they are as good as Redfield is saying they are.
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

They are as good as the Leupold rifleman scopes. In fact are the same line with the redfield brand on them. I like them alot. Excellent hunting scopes for the money.

My wife is currently using a 2-7X32 with accurange reticle on her mini-mini14. I recommend you get the accurange. its well worth the extra 20 bucks or so for the scope.
  3. weaponofffreedom

weaponofffreedom New Member

from what I gather, they are very good scopes at low cost. water proof, fogproof and shockproof. I would recommend them.
  4. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Active Member

I have a few of these and have not had a problem with any of them. I think they are a good scope for the money.
  5. Chinook

Chinook New Member

1 up to the Redfield line-up! I have two. One's mounted on a 30-06, and another on my mini-14. Great optics, and great clarity! Definetly worth the money to get the accu-range, like JLA said. Simple, amd seemingliy insignificant at first, but it makes life a lot easier when you have one less thing to think about before you let one downrange on a nice Deer or something!
  6. reynolds357

reynolds357 Former Guest

I believe I will try a 3x9 x50mm with accurange. The only thing that bugs me about the accurange is that the ranging system is not on the first-front plane and it only works at highest power. 99% of my shots on deer are when the light is so low I usually have to take the shots around mid to low power. For the most part, I think 50mm in general is a waste of money, but maybe it will allow the scope to work at highest power dark enough to actually use the accurange.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  7. Chinook

Chinook New Member

The 3-9x50mm objective is on the 30-06, and the 4-12x40mm is on the Mini-14. There is a significat, well sorta...difference in light gathering ability. I am glad I go with lesser power, and more objective lens diameter, for Deer and Elk hunting.
  8. coachwill

coachwill Forum Sponsor

I remember when Redfield was the goto optic for most hunters in the Southeastern US whitetail hunting community 25+ years ago. My grandfather still has one from back then on his pump Remington .30-06. I am about to pull the trigger on one for my oldest son to mount on his Savage Edge .308 for Christmas. Should be a good scope for the money.