Reflex sights on Ruger 22/45 Mk lll?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Barracuda69, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Barracuda69

Barracuda69 New Member

I recently purchased a new 22/45 5.5'' bull barrel. I haven't played much with .22's. All my firearms are .223 and up with extremely accurate scopes on them that have gotten to expensive to shoot every weekend. The reason for buying the ruger. I want to find the best for the money (good and cheap?) reflex sight for my new plinker. Any suggestion?
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

I have two red dot reflex sights a Burris FastFire ($200) and a Aim Sport TR4-01 ($40). I have had them mounted on a Ruger MK III Hunter and both work well and have given me no problems except for one thing. I normally shoot at a roofed over shooting bench down a shady shooting lane. The Burris uses auto adjusting of the intensity of the red dot and that does not do well in the shady conditions as the intensity of the dot is way too much. but move to open sun lit conditions and it is fine. The Aim Sport on the other hand has manual adjustment of the dot's intensity and works great in the shady conditions but take it out into bright sun lit conditions and it lacks the power to high light the red dot sufficiently. I plan to solve this problem by getting another pistol so I have a sunny gun and a shady gun, ha. I do like the red dots especially with my old eyes. They both were easily sighted in and have both held their zero.