regarding the census

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Bobitis, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

How many of you have actually received the form or had someone call at your door?

I've no idea what questions are on the form, but my understanding is that the form is used for districting political areas (don't know the propper term).

Race is not supposed to be an issue in this country any longer, so I feel the question is invalid. As is the sexual gender question, and age.
    My income nor the size of my home has no effect on the number of occupants.

My Birth certificate states my date of birth and race. However, my sons does not include a box for race, only gender, name, place of birth, and parents name and age.

The way I see it is, the government already has this information.
    DOB, race, and gender are noted on my birth certificate.
    My SS#, and income are already known by the IRS.

The government already has all the pertinent information they need.
    They know my name, race, age, gender, number of children, income, address, SS#, where my kids go to school, my employer, charitable donations, etc. About the only thing they don't know is what religion I am.

Given the fact that they already have this information, I have to ask; what's the point?
  2. the morning light

the morning light New Member

They may want to make sure they haven't missed anything! LOL
  3. topper

topper New Member

I will not be at home if and when they come calling. They do have to get past my old pal "CUJO" to get to my front door. Cujo can make it to the gate in 3 seconds flat, I wonder if the census folks can?

chomp chomp
  4. 38 special

38 special New Member

What I dont get is they interviewed me a year or 2 ago and it took several days where they came back to house and we answered tons of seemingly redundant questions.It seemed like the questions would go on forever.
    Then this year I get mail for MORE census info. Why would they ask us the same questions a year or 2 later and why would they choose my house AGAIN??? Dont they want a random sampling to be representative?? I mean WTF???!!
    I mean I allready helped them out once. Maybe its just that the buraeu is completely incompetent???
  5. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Repeatedly redundant data.

Had a guy come by a few months ago looking for houses or camps. He claimedto be working on the census but asked no questions.
  6. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Decades ago in IL, I counted our five dogs in the thing. Under "race", I put "other" and filled in "Doberman".
    Never heard any more about it.
    Perhaps If I had put "Chihuahua", someone would have knocked on my door and chewed me out - -
  7. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

hahahaha......

Do the dogs get to vote?:eek::D:D:D
  8. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I believe my dogs votes count every much as mine, actually -

:rolleyes: